Pflugerville, TX
Mexican feathergrass from Pflugerville, TX
How deep are the roots of Nassella tenuissima? I'm looking for something that could possibly discourage my neighbors' bermuda grass from encroaching into my native plantings.

Pflugerville, TX
Dodder
I was driving around Llano, Texas and saw patches of orange amongst the wildflowers. From afar the patches seemed like dying plants. On close inspection, they are orange tendrils that are overrunnin...

Pflugerville, TX
Effects of Hedysarum mackenzii from Pflugerville TX
What are the effects of Hedysarum mackenzii?

Pflugerville, TX
Spring care for Garrya ovata from Pflugerville, TX
Hello again, Mr. S-P, I planted a Mexican silktassel in April 2012 (purchased at the WFC). It has done well, but the leaves are bronzed and splotchy from this winter's freezes. All the stems are...

Pflugerville, TX
Installing limestone walkway around trees from Pflugerville TX
Dear Mr. Smarty Plants:I wish to install a limestone walkway in my front yard, however, there are some roots(~ 1.25 inch) in the designated area. Will this hurt or kill the tree if I cut these away? T...

Pflugerville, TX
Philadelphus ernestii under live oak in Pflugerville TX
Will Philadelphus ernestii thrive in the root zone of live oak, or would the oak inhibit its growth? I'd like to plant it just at the edge of the canopy.

Pflugerville, TX
Can fibrous roots of Chasmanthium latifolium damage house foundation
Dear Mr.Ms. S-P, Can the fibrous roots of inland sea oats cause foundation problems? I was digging around my foundation and found a root about 1" in diameter that I am afraid might be from sea oa...

Pflugerville, TX
Problems with chile pequin from Pflugerville TX
Hello there! I have a question about my chile pequin (Capsicum annuum L.) plant. I purchased it last year from the Wildflower Center Fall Plant Sale. It stayed in a pot until three months ago when I p...

Pflugerville, TX
Controlling Passionflora Incarnata propagation
Would a cinderblock raised bed, 8 inches in height, be sufficient to contain the roots of passiflora incarnata and keep them from traveling to places where I don't want the vine? Are the roots deepe...

Pflugerville, TX
Planting non-native sago palm and philodendron from Pflugerville TX
I have a small/young sago palm and philodendron I'd like to plant. Do you advise to plant them now with fall/winter approaching or wait until next spring.

Pflugerville, TX
Distressed Red Oak tree in Pflugerville, TX.
I have a large (40 ft) Red Oak tree in my yard that is distressed. It started with yellowing leaves, with darker veins. Then small brown spots appeared, followed by browning arount the leaves edges. N...

Pflugerville, TX
Replacement Yaupon holly doing poorly in Pflugerville, TX
I had to replace quite a few shrubs after the drought last year. I live in Austin, TX. I have planted 3 dwarf yaupon holly bushes in the exact same place where the previous three same type of shrubs...

Pflugerville, TX
pruning Chinkapin oak, Loquat and Monterrey oak trees
What is the best time to plant a 45-65 gal. Chinkapin oak tree in Pflugerville. Also, when can i prune fig trees, Loquat trees and a Monterrey oak. Thanks for the information.

Pflugerville, TX
Making sod from native grass seeds from Pflugerville TX
I am trying to install a native lawn. A story on KVUE suggested 2 lb Buffalo, 1.5 lb Blue Grama, and 6 oz of Curly Mesquite. I have some seeds purchased from seedsource.com about 2 years ago. I can...

Pflugerville, TX
Native Trees for Pflugerville TX
I'm looking for suggestions on native, drought tolerant conifers that can be located in a Pflugerville landscape under overhead electric lines. Open to Arizona Cypress, but concerned about the height...

Pfllugerville, TX
Problems with Carolina Laurel Cherry from Pflugerville, TX
In 2007 we planted 7 Carolina Laurelcherry (Prunus caroliniana)across our back fence. Everything was fine until this year. Three of the trees seemed to get sick and a local arborist said the roots ne...

Pflugerville, TX
Top soil dressing for bermudagrass
Need to apply top soil dressing to bermudagrass. Can you suggest any type? This area is heavy clay soil and need to even out the lawn as well as feed the grass.

Pflugerville, TX
Removing grass under oak trees in Pflugerville TX
I would like to use the newspaper-and-mulch method to smother grass under the canopy of live oaks, a bur oak, and a lacey oak so that I can plant natives that will thrive there. However, I'm concern...

Pflugerville, TX
Texas frogfruit vs. non-native St. Augustine grass
Can Texas frogfruit resist invasion by St. Augustine grass, or will I need to create a barrier?

Pflugerville, TX
Is nimblewil (Muhlenbergia schreberi) a turf grass or a weed
Mr. SP, I have seen nimblewill (Muhlenbergia schreberi) both promoted as a turf grass and disparaged as an invasive pest. Do you have an opinion on this grass and whether/where/how it should be us...

Pflugerville, TX
Potential allelopathy of cultivar of Artemisia ludoviciana
I recently submitted a question regarding allelopathic potential of artemisia ludoviciana on rusty blackhaw viburnum, not specifying that I meant Vibernum rufidulum. Mr. SP interpreted my viburnum as...