Azle, TX
Grasses for shady area with sandy soil
We have very sandy soil, is there any type of grass that will grow well. Also, very shady.

Azle, TX
Age at which native agarita produces berries
At what age does agarita produce berries? Is this plant self pollinating?

Springtown, TX
Propagating magnolias from Springtown TX
I am trying to find out how to plant Magnolia tree seeds and what has to be done with them prior to planting, if anything and what type of soil to use.

Springtown, TX
Identity of a plant that may be a horse apple (Maclura) in Springtown, TX.
I have a tree that I think is a crab apple, however, I can't find it in any collection on internet. The fruit looks like light green colored apples, however, they are very hard and very course textu...

Rhome, TX
I am trying to identify a wild flowering plant. It grows in pastures near Rhome Texas. How can I email a digital photo to you to look at it??

Haslet, TX
Plants tolerant of high levels of sodium and sulfur
I would appreciate suggestions for small shrubs and flowering plants that can survive the sodic soil conditions and western sun exposure of my front beds. We have had great difficulty finding anything...

Willow Park, TX
Are the berries of Gun bumelia poisonous to dogs from Willow Park TX
We have been told we have a Bumelia Lanuginosa (Chittamwood) tree in our yard. My dog has been eating the berries. (She has had stomach issues for several months and only recently found out she has ...

Willow Park, TX
Identity of groundcover in Parker County, TX
I'm trying to identify a native "groundcover" that looks much like frogfruit, as far as the leaves and growth pattern, but has small yellow flowers that look like little lanterns as buds. I know it...

Aledo, TX
Distance from wall to plant Eastern red cedar
I want to plant a row of Eastern red cedar on the high side of a 2 to 2 1/2 ft large Pavestone block retaining wall, preferably as close to the wall as possible. We have put maybe 4-5" of gravel beh...

Aledo, TX
Native shrubs to replace non-native boxwood in Parker County, TX
I'm looking to replace some Japanese Boxwoods my wife planted years ago with some native plants, they run along the front of our house next to the foundation and porch about 60' in length. I prefer ...

Aledo, TX
Native plants for flower beds in Aledo, TX
I have 2 beds that together run the length of the house foundation (25' each), we have 2 spots I would like to plant a Yaupon (Pride of Houston) in each spot approximately 2' from the foundation;is ...

Aledo, TX
Black bugs on yucca from Aledo TX
We have flowering yuccas that have thousands of small black bugs that seem to be hurting the plant. They are not on any other foliage in our beds. What do I use to get rid of them??

Aledo, TX
Getting rid of rain lilies in Aledo, TX
How do I get rain lilies to stop growing in my yard?

Center Point, TX
When should I plant bermuda grass seeds?

Ft Worth, TX
Transplanting hackberry trees in Texas
I live N of Ft Worth,Tx is there a trick to digging up & transplanting hackberry trees?

Ft Worth, TX
Plant for full sun behind waterfall
I have a 24 inch waterfall around my pool. I need to plant something behind it. I have full sun and hot Texas weather. I will be watering everyday, so what do you think would grow well in this area?

Ft Worth, TX
Tree roots under concrete from Ft. Worth TX
We bought a house that has 2 trees (I believe ornamental pear trees) within a concrete patio. I found info that said basically, remove the concrete. We can't do that now (although I have encouraged...

Benbrook, TX
Question about non-native bottle brush bush
I have a bottle brush bush it has not bloomed. I have had it about 6 months planted in the ground. I am worried it may not. can you tell me what you think. thanks lori

Fort Worth, TX
Drought resistant small tree for Ft. Worth TX
I am looking for suggestions for a small tree (no more than 25 feet max)that is drought resistant but can handle a little irrigation and a lot of wind. Something showy is a plus. Grouped with salvias ...

Fort Worth, TX
Insects on yucca from Ft. Worth TX
I have a plant labeled Yucca Soft Leaf recurvifolia that I planted about 5 years ago,& was beautiful until last summer when it became infested with thousands of fast, tiny, dark insects. I sprayed wit...

Fort Worth, TX
Sources of Scutellaria drummondii
Dear Mr. Smarty Pants, I purchased a purple skullcap, scutellaria drummondii in the Hill Country last year. It has done REALLY well here in Fort Worth and would like more, but cannot locate it anywhe...