Valley Mills, TX
Flowers for Fall in Bosque County from Valley Mills TX
What Wildflowers could we plant in Bosque County area to bloom in the Fall?

Clifton, TX
Native landscaping and wildlife gardening in Clifton, TX
I am moving to Clifton, TX, and I will have an empty lot in the town along with my own home/lot. What kind of soil can I expect? I want to grow a wildflower site to just sit and enjoy and feed the a...

Clifton, TX
Collecting seeds for Texas Bluebell from Clifton TX
How and when should I try and collect seeds from the Texas Bluebell?

McGregor, TX
Esperanza turning brown in McGregor TX
Why are my Esperanza turning brown?

Waco, TX
Pruning Cuphea Plants
The David Verity cuphea (cigar plants) that I planted last spring are now 3-4 feet high. I would like to move them, but before I do they seem to need pruning. All the branches are brown and dry lookin...

Waco, TX
Best fertilizer for live oak trees in Central Texas
What is the best fertilizer for live oak trees in Central Texas?

Waco, TX
Identifying plant
What plant is usually found growing in low-lying freshwater marshy places with a single, straight-stemmed plant that grows to about one-to-two feet in height. The branches and leaves are sparse with ...

Waco, TX
Shade Tolerant Grasses and Groundcovers for Waco TX
What is the best shade-tolerant grass? What is the best shade-tolerant ground cover?

waco, TX
Eliminating prickly pear
What is best practice for eliminating 100+ acres of dense prickly pear?

Waco, TX
Trimming inland sea oats from Waco TX
Re: Inland Sea Oats and trimming back in early spring "It passes through most of winter a soft brown, but becomes tattered and gray by February, a good time to cut it back to the basal rosette." ...

Waco, TX
Information about rainwater collection systems
I am wanting to design and install a rainwater collection system, and would like recommendations on suppliers, how to operate, detailed info on construction, capacity and pumping. Any info you can pro...

Waco, TX
Question about the Chitalpa tree
A bush w/6" long pencil thin seed pod, leaves 4"x1/2", flower that looks like the flower on the Chitalpa tree. Is there a Chitalpa bush. The one I have I grew from seed from the pod; flat, round ...

Waco, TX
Plant ID at Wildflower Center from Waco TX
I was at the Center last weekend and no one was able to answer these two questions: 1. Where can I buy Silver Ponyfoot groundcover? 2. What is the name of the plant with coral blossoms in front of...

waco, TX
How to get rid of poison ivy (Toxicodendron radicans)
Our school grounds are infested with lots of poison ivy. What is best remedy for extensive growth?

Waco, TX
Searching for a red mulberry tree (Morus rubra) to buy
Want to purchase a native Texas Red Mulberry tree (morus rubra). Can't find one. Can you help? Thanks,

Waco, TX
Native perennial winter plants for Waco, TX
I live in the Waco area, and would like to know winter plants that I could use that would come back each year, flowering or otherwise.

Waco, TX
What is a cyme-bearing plant for Waco, TX?
I need a wildflower or drought tolerant perennial example of the inflorescence type 'cyme' to plant in a school garden in Waco, TX.

Waco, TX
Information on Betonyleaf thoroughwort
I purchased Conoclinium betonicifolium (Betonyleaf thoroughwort) at the spring 2008 LBJ WC plant sale. I've not been able to find much information on the plant in the typical places, including the...

Waco, TX
Shumard oak or live oak in Waco TX?
Dear Mr Smarty Plants, I planted 2 small Shumard oaks in my front yard (east side of the house, 8-9 hours of sun per day) 18 months ago. Both had been purchased from a national chain store's garden ...

waco, TX
Killing regrowing shoots of a downed hackberry tree
Hackberry plants won't die. You and others have suggested to cut the suckers or saplings to get rid of them. Over the years I have continued to cut the same saplings and the only thing I have now ar...

Waco, TX
Dogs developing allergic skin problems in Waco TX
We have 2 West Highland White terriers..since we moved 2 yrs. ago, they have developed TERRIBLE skin problems at our new home, about 5 miles from our old home, in Waco. What contact plants, shrub...