McGregor, TX
Esperanza turning brown in McGregor TX
Why are my Esperanza turning brown?

Moody, TX
Identification of strange dark green blobs
In my back yard I have a type of plant with no roots only around in the summer and when it rains. It looks like a person took a piece lettuce and put way too much water into it and wadded it up. It ...

Moody , TX
Differences between smooth bark and rough bark Arizona cypress
What is the difference between smooth bark Arizona Cypress and rough bark Arizona Cypress in terms of tree growth, form, foliage, etc.? Will one grow better than the other in the Waco area?

Moody, TX
Bald cypress with chlorosis in Texas
I have a 6' tall Bald Cypress planted 2 years ago which just this year appears to be suffering from chlorosis. The tree was bought from a chain store. It receives some drainage water from my washin...

Hewitt, TX
Low evergreen drought-resistant shrubs for area in partial shade
I promised my mom to help her with some new plants for her house, so here goes. She lives near Waco on Blackland clay soil. The problem area is right in front of the house. It only receives a few hour...

Hewitt, TX
When is the appropriate time to prune pecan trees in Hewitt?
Labor Day Weekend my husband decided to trim all the low branches on a big pecan tree in our back yard which I thought should had been done at the first of the year, our temprature is in the mid 90's...

Hewitt, TX
Elimination of nutgrass
Nutgrass has taken over my vegetable and perennial garden to the point that I can not see my plants or granite sand paths. The two major areas are about 600 square feet in total. What can I do to co...

Bruceville, TX
Native trees to replace dying Arizona ash (Fraxinus velutina)
I have two 25-30 year old Arizona Ash trees in my front yard, which I think are dying. They are the only shade my house gets, and I am dreading losing them. (They are massive and beautiful) What are m...

Valley Mills, TX
Flowers for Fall in Bosque County from Valley Mills TX
What Wildflowers could we plant in Bosque County area to bloom in the Fall?

Troy, TX
Planting and growing bluebonnets
I am looking for bluebonnet seed planting suggestions. when? How? I found a source for seed. I want to plant about 2500 sq foot area.

Waco, TX
Searching for a red mulberry tree (Morus rubra) to buy
Want to purchase a native Texas Red Mulberry tree (morus rubra). Can't find one. Can you help? Thanks,

Waco, TX
Information on Betonyleaf thoroughwort
I purchased Conoclinium betonicifolium (Betonyleaf thoroughwort) at the spring 2008 LBJ WC plant sale. I've not been able to find much information on the plant in the typical places, including the...

waco, TX
How to get rid of poison ivy (Toxicodendron radicans)
Our school grounds are infested with lots of poison ivy. What is best remedy for extensive growth?

Waco, TX
Fragrant Texas wildflowers from Waco TX
Hi, I'm interested in looking at any Texas Wildflowers which have attractive aromas which I can distill essential oil from. Any ideas? Thanks

Waco, TX
Information about rainwater collection systems
I am wanting to design and install a rainwater collection system, and would like recommendations on suppliers, how to operate, detailed info on construction, capacity and pumping. Any info you can pro...

Waco, TX
Dogs developing allergic skin problems in Waco TX
We have 2 West Highland White terriers..since we moved 2 yrs. ago, they have developed TERRIBLE skin problems at our new home, about 5 miles from our old home, in Waco. What contact plants, shrub...

Waco, TX
Native perennial winter plants for Waco, TX
I live in the Waco area, and would like to know winter plants that I could use that would come back each year, flowering or otherwise.

waco, TX
Killing regrowing shoots of a downed hackberry tree
Hackberry plants won't die. You and others have suggested to cut the suckers or saplings to get rid of them. Over the years I have continued to cut the same saplings and the only thing I have now ar...

Waco, TX
Registered/patented pecan by Foster W. Fort
Hello, we own a historic house museum once owned by the Fort family of Waco, and have learned that Foster W. Fort developed a type of pecan tree and had an orchard somewhere here around Waco (possibly...

Waco, TX
Identifying plant
What plant is usually found growing in low-lying freshwater marshy places with a single, straight-stemmed plant that grows to about one-to-two feet in height. The branches and leaves are sparse with ...

Waco, TX
Plant ID at Wildflower Center from Waco TX
I was at the Center last weekend and no one was able to answer these two questions: 1. Where can I buy Silver Ponyfoot groundcover? 2. What is the name of the plant with coral blossoms in front of...