Bastrop , TX
Plants for Bastrop TX
I'm hoping you can help with this. Recently I have moved to Bastrop TX on what used to be Camp Swift military property. We have looked into planting grass and plants in the yard but discovered we hav...

Bastrop, TX
Evergreen non-native herbs for Bastrop TX
I'm looking for evergreen herbs for Bastrop Texas. I planted an herb garden in the spring of 2009, but mostly all of them died in the winter. Rosemary, Tarragon and Sage made it. thank you!

Bastrop, TX
Groundcovers to replace meadow grasses
Are there any groundcovers that are tolerant to local conditions between Bastrop and Elgin and hardy enough to takeover meadow grasses? I have a couple of acres that was a meadow before I moved here e...

Bastrop, TX
Moving Iris bulbs
I will be moving and want to take my Iris bulbs with me. Can I dig them up now that they are in flower?

Bastrop, TX
Mixing of bluebonnets and buffalograss in a lawn
I have moved into a house with a yard full of weeds. I would like to plant Buffalograss but understand Buffalograss is sparce and difficult to keep the weeds out. So, I was considering mixing it wit...

Bastrop, TX
Possible freeze damage in Wax Myrtle from last winter in Bastrop, TX
Our Wax Myrtle is about 7 yrs old and in good shape until this past winter when we had several very hard freezes. Now several of the large branches are dead and more are dying each month. We have not ...

Bastrop, TX
Propagation of Texas sage from Bastrop, TX
Am I wasting my time trying to transplant texas sage runners? Any advice?

Bastrop, TX
Need help with powdery mildew and mites in Bastrop, TX
I tend to flower beds for the city. I have noticed a powdery mildew in 2 beds. It is on the Pavonia and Turks caps. I now notice mites. What should I do?

Bastrop, TX
Information about giant yellow and black wasps
Regarding a previous question submitted by a person asking about the giant yellow and black wasps..It's a Cicada Killer.I used to see them all the time when I was a kid in Victoria, Tx..But I haven'...

Bastrop, TX
Dandelions in bluebonnets in Bastrop TX
I have a 20'x60' front yard area where I planted bluebonnets. It has become horrifically inundated with dandelions. How do I eradicate the dandelions while preserving the bluebonnets ? Thanks ...

Bastrop, TX
Recreating a wildflower meadow, central Texas
We have an acre on our property that has bluebonnets. Unfortunately, it also has other plants that we don't want -Johnson grass, nettles, burrs. We plan to do a controlled burn in the fall and re-...

Bastrop, TX
Trimming of Flame acanthus from Bastrop TX
My flame acanthus never lost leaves off the bottom tier of branches this winter. With the brief warm weather and rain we've had, the top and middle tier of branches have all re-leafed. It is very l...

Bastrop, TX
Restoring fire damage in Bastrop TX
I live in the Bastrop State Park area. We were severely affected by the wildfire and as we are trying to rebuild our home, we are being very aware of the particularities of the recovery process. We lo...

Bastrop, TX
When do you put out bluebonnet seeds in Bastrop, TX?
When do you put out bluebonnet seeds?? I hear fall but don't the seeds pop out of dried up plants in early summer?

Bastrop, TX
Collecting bluebonnet seeds
Greetings, My bluebonnets have bloomed nicely, and are showing a good crop of seed pods. I know that if I wait they will all open and spray the seeds everywhere, but I want to harvest some of the s...

Bastrop, TX
Screen of Thuja Occidentalis on fire-damaged property in Bastrop TX
I want to plant a screen of Thuja Occidentalis on the east side of our driveway. It is in the burn area of Bastrop, TX. None of our trees survived. Will Thuja Occidentalis grow here? I saw some specim...

Bastrop, TX
Native sun plants for Bastrop TX
We live in the Bastrop area and have a 21 ft. by 15 ft. sunny area. We also need help with a list of native plants and want to start planting from tallest to short. Can you please advise?

Bastrop, TX
Which one is huajillo and which one is guajillo?
Recently I attended a field trip to the Leonard Garden at the Kleberg Institute in Kingsville. I took a picture of a tree that was referred to as Tenaza or huajillo. Later I took another photo of a ...

Bastrop, TX
Pet-friendly plants for ground cover in Bastrop TX
Any pet-friendly plants that can be used for ground-cover in Central Texas?

Bastrop, TX
Grasses and wildflowers for Central Texas
I live between Bastrop and Paige and would like to know native grasses or types of wildflowers I can plant now. thank you

Bastrop, TX
Grasses to stabilize creek bed in Bastrop County, Texas
Hello, we have property in Bastrop county, the soil is sandy loam with clay underneath. We need to stabilize a creek bed, can you suggest any particular grasses (seed) for this? Know it's not the be...