Dalworthington Gardens, TX
Management practices to eradicate Johnson grass
Please suggest some eradication methods for Johnson grass. It is established in a field that I want to encourage native wildflowers/plants such as goldenrod, prairie coneflower, blue eyed grass, milkw...

Westlake Hills, TX
How rare is the Devil's Cigar Fungus (Chorioactis geaster)?
I have found a fungus called devil's cigar in the woods behind my house in Westlake Hills Texas. I read that it is rare. Is it considered rare even to Central Texas? If so, do I need to let someone k...

Arlington , TX
Leaves on yaupon holly turning brown/black
Arlington TX Yaupon Holly has leaves on stems closer to the bottom of the plant and moving up that are turning brown/black. Is this a disease, over/under watering? There is black gummy soil, but it ha...

Arlington, TX
What does spp. stand for in Paspalum spp? From Arlington, TX.
What does the spp stand for when talking about Paspalum spp?

Arlington, TX
Blueberries in Arlington TX
Which wild or native blueberries can I grow in Arlington Texas? I think it is zone 8?

Arlington, TX
Looking for native plants for a rain garden in Arlington, TX.
I am looking for native Texas plants that would do well in rain gardens. Do you have any suggestions?

Arlington, TX
Controlling Cochineal Insects on Cholla Cactus
We have cochineal insects on a cholla cactus. Will they kill the plant? What should we do to get rid of them if water spraying them won't work?

Arlington, TX
Is there a recommended list for Texas Eastern Cross Timbers?

Arlington, TX
Sales of horseherb seeds in Arlington, TX area
Where can I purchase horseherb seeds in Arlington tx.or Dallas Ft.Worth area

Arlington, TX
native plants for landscaping in Honolulu
Hi, wildflower.org has been a great help for me in learning about different plants, their Latin names and characteristics. I was looking for a list of plants (trees, shrubs, ground covers, perennials...

Arlington, TX
Pollinator to Arkansas yucca from Arlington TX
Thank you Barbara for your answer. However, my Arkansas yuccas bloom every year, but do not set seed. I am asking for the name of the moth that pollinates them, or other native plants that serve as ...

Arlington, TX
Container plants for Arlington TX
Mr. Smarty Plants, I just moved to Arlington, TX. I am trying to create a container garden on my apartment balcony. What flowers, herbs, vegetables, and fruit combinations can I put together that wil...

Arlington, TX
Native ground covers for rocky, shady slope in Arlington, TX
I need a good native ground cover for a completely shaded and rocky 30 degree slope with red sandy soil and southern exposure. Will anything grow in these conditions?

Arlington, TX
There's a wildflower I can't identify. I have a picture of it and have searched many sites and can't seem to find it. Is there a way I can submit the pic to you to identify?

Arlington, TX
More on bluebonnets
When can I harvest my Bluebonnets?

arlington, TX
Las Vegas lawn grass for Dallas
Dear Smarty Plants, Every time we go to Las Vegas I admire the beautiful grass in the lawns of most of the strip casinos. It looks like a fescue but it is just as beautiful on the hottest summer day...

Arlington, TX
Pollinating moth of Arkansas Yucca from Arlington TX
What is the pollinating moth of the Arkansas yucca. I have Desert willows which is the larval host for white-winged moth, but the yuccas are still not seeding. What other larval hosts plants can I p...

Arlington, TX
Problems with red oak trees in North Central Texas
What is the disease effecting Red Oak trees in North Central Texas; causing them to lose leafs in Spring/Summer and turning the remaining leaves light yellow/lime green in color. Thank you.

Arlington, TX
Shrubs for erosion protection in Arlington TX
We live on Johnson Creek in Arlington, Tx. We have recently had to move our fenceline in because the erosion on the creek has collapsed a portion of our retaining wall. I would like to plant somethi...

Arlington, TX
In North Central Texas recommended plants, there are three coneflowers listed: Echinacea angustifolia-Black sampson E. purpurea-Purple coneflower E. purpurea-Eastern purple coneflower Is the Eas...

Arlington, TX
Large shrub for screen in shade
I am trying to find some large shrubs that will thrive in shade in the north Texas climate. This area will receive very little light during the day but need to grow quite large to hide a fence and cr...