Italy, TX
Non-blooming crape myrtle in Italy, TX
It's Italy, TX, again! Thanks for the advice and links, and I'll study those..but here's where I'm stumped on crape myrtle. I have two (almost) trees because they've been planted over 15 years ...

Italy, TX
Italy in Texas
Just want to clear up that I'm not in Italy, VERMONT. I'm in Italy, TEXAS. I don't know how the state slot changed from TX to Vermont, but please, I'm like you, lets just stick to TEXAS !

Italy, TX
Propagation bluebells by gathering seed
Following up your suggestion on propagating Bluebells by seed..Is it possible that I can gather seed from the bluebells in my pasture? How does that work? Would I have to wait until the wildflowers a...

Italy, TX
Care of non-native Oleander
I want my oleanders to bloom but they keep getting attacked by tiny orange aphids that clump up on the newest growth. I read that oleanders only bloom on old growth but those orange mites/aphids are ...

Italy, TX
Transplanting a Texas redbud sapling
I've just discovered a Texas red bud sapling (baby tree)that decided to grow next to our fire pit. Although there's no reason for us to sit around the campfire in 100 degree weather, I would like to...

Italy, TX
Promote blooms on non-native plants
I am trying to promote blooms on my several types of flowering scrubs and ornamentals, but not having much luck. I have used Miracid SuperBloom occasionally but not sure I am using enough, yet I may ...

Avalon , TX
Landscaping in Avalon TX
I just bought my first and last home in Avalon Texas. I am looking forward to starting my garden. I am interested in all year around flowers. however I am in the country, when it rains, my yard becom...

maypearl, TX
Planting time for bluebonnets
When is the best time to plant bluebonnets?

Carls Corner, TX
Prairie Paintbrush and Managing Roadsides
I have been visiting a piece of land beside I-35 for quite a few years now.  It is home to tons of different plants, but it really has a fantastic show of Prairie Paintbrush - the multicolored ones, n...

Waxahachie, TX
Part shade garden to attract hummingbirds in Texas
We are inexperienced gardeners. We have a bed (2.5' x 6') with sun in the morning and shade in afternoon and want to attract hummingbirds. Salvia coccinea sounds easy, but what else could we plant...

waxahachie, TX
What causes rock rose branches to snap off?
my small texas rock rose branches keep snapping in the center. What is causing this and what can I do?

Waxahachie, TX
Source for Dioscorea floribunda or D. villosa
Can you furnish me with a source for growing my own Dioscorea floribunda, or , Dioscorea villosa?? Many thanks.

Bynum, TX
Safe time to trim live oak trees
Our live oak trees need a little trimming, as some of the branches are hanging too low, almost to the ground. We planted them about 5 years ago, so they are well established, healthy trees. My husband...

Ennis, TX
Good website for identifying wildflowers
What is a good website to identify wildflowers? I have done Google searches and none of the websites seem to help. Where should I go?

Ennis, TX
Native plants for shade in Ennis TX
My house faces south. The southwest side of the front yard has a Pride of Houston, Japanese Barberry, 2 crape myrtles and some dwarf yaupon hollies. The other section, divided by a stairway to the p...

Ennis, TX
Can bluebonnets be made into jelly from Ennis TX
Are Texas bluebonnet flowers okay for human consumption? I have seen recipes for wild violet jelly,so was wondering about making bluebonnet jelly from the bluebonnet blossoms if they are not poisonous...

Ennis, TX
This plant will grow 12-15 feet or more in height in the rural areas of Ellis County south of Dallas. In a fractal manner, stems grow out of the stalk and then from the stems. The leaves are green, th...

Hillsboro, TX
Source of dollarweed for shady lawn in Hillsboro TX
I live in Hillsboro,Tx - Where can I get Dollar Weed for my shady lawn?

Hillsboro, TX
Book about Texas native bulbs from Hillsboro TX
Hi! I'm looking for a book about Texas native bulbs.

Hillsboro, TX
Source for Dichondra from Hillsboro TX
Where can I get dichondra and info about it?

Hillsboro, TX
Why are invasive, non-natives being sold from Hillsboro TX
Why are nurseries allowed to grow and sell seed from invasive non-native plants like: johnson grass, bermuda grass, and king ranch bluestem? Many times when I contact a nursery or seed distributor as...