Rowlett, TX
Native plants for moist and shady yard in Rowlett, TX
I have an area of my yard that has drainage issues. It stays quite moist most of the time and is shady a large part of the day. I would like to plant some native plants in that area. Maybe something t...

Rowlett, TX
Landscaping north facing wall
We live in the Dallas area and have a north facing home with a large, bare wall. I would like to plant a tall, flowering shrub that will look nice all year round. Or are there flowering vines that a...

Rowlett, TX
Root rot and transplant shock in Texas betony
Texas betony is supposed to be drought resistant but also likes to be kept moist, but I have had trouble getting it established. These seem to be undemanding plants I have had entire stems dry up and...

Garland, TX
Propagation of Gay Feather
Can I transplant the flower Gay Feather any time or should I wait until the plant dies this winter?

Garland, TX
Removing spent flowers from passion flower in Garland TX
To encourage more blooms, should I remove spent flowers on my passion flower vine?

Garland, TX
Sources of Starleaf Mexican Orange (Choisya dumosa)
Where can we find Choisya dumosa (plant recommended for southwest area) for sale?

Garland, TX
Plant identification, possibly chile pequin
Found in my back yard a plant about 18 inches tall. it has tiny white 5 petal flowers and small (smaller than a pea) fuits. The fruits smell just like bell pepper. My nose itched after smelling it. ...

Garland, TX
Climbing native roses for Garland TX
I live in Garland, Dallas County, TX and would like climbing roses on the trellis situated against my brick home. What kind would you recommend for the area and any that would be easy to care for. T...

Garland, TX
Keeping squirrels out of pecan tree from Garland TX
My yard is covered in green pecans with one bite eaten by squirrels. How do I keep squirrels out of my pecan tree?

Garland, TX
Native plants for water garden in Garland, TX
Hello, I was interested in creating a water garden-koi pond in the landscaping and was interested to know what plants you would suggest for this usage that would be perennial? Furthermore I was intere...

Garland, TX
Want to Amend Soil Without Harming Earthworms in Dallas Area
I have a totally odd question. I live in the Dallas area in the blackland soil. I am removing sod from part of my back yard and will replant with nectar and host plants for butterflies. The soil is...

Garland, TX
Pros and cons of Hydrocotyl bonariensis as lawn replacement
Want to convert lawn TO dollar weed! My Garland TX yard has become so shady over the years that I have a hard time with grass. A few years ago I noticed dollar weed in the grass which seemed to cre...

Garland, TX
Recommendations for native plants for Dallas Co., TX
Looking for a Recommendation: Can you suggest a plant that meets the following requirements? ENVIRONMENT -- - I live in Garland, in Dallas County, TX. - The soil is primarily clay. - Full sun...

Garland, TX
Planting begonias in the Dallas area
What month is it time to plant begonias in the Dallas, Texas area?

Sachse, TX
Proper watering of cedar elm trees in Sachse, TX
I've just planted two Cedar elm trees in clay soil, each about four inches in diameter, and I want to water them correctly. I'm aware that too much water can be bad as well as too little water. I ...

Sachse, TX
Fast growing native hedges for Sachse, TX
I just bought a house in Sachse, Tx and want to plant a privacy hedge. It will be about 220' long and I want it to grow to at least 10'-12' high. I also want it to be fast growing and be evergree...

Rockwall, TX
Browning leaves on recently planted chinkapin oak in Rockwall TX
I just planted a chinkapin oak that is about 1 1\2 inches thick last week and now some of the leaves are turning brown. Does that mean its dying? Do you have any tips that I could use to protect it?

Rockwall, TX
Trees and shrubs for Rockwall, TX
Hi! I've been advised to contact you regarding my dilemma. Please rsvp asap. I'm ready to plant. 1)I have a small backyard with full, hot, Dallas sun and cold winters, many times below freezing. ...

Rockwall, TX
10 year old Wisteria fails to bloom in Rockwall, TX.
I love wisteria. I had four (4) wisteria plants professionally planted at least ten (10) years ago. These wisteria plants have NEVER bloomed. Why not?

Rockwall, TX
Blooms on Desert Willow withering quickly in Rockwall TX
Why do the blooms on my Desert Willow dry up and wither away in one or two days?

Rockwall, TX
This incredible plant has grown up in the past two months. Considering the extreme heat of this summer, my husband assumes it must be a weed. We have had this skinny strip of dirt for four years, and ...