catspring, TX
More on bluebonnets
Where can I find seeds for maroon bluebonnets? I understand that Texas A&M has developed cultivars for this plant in as many as four colors. I haven't been able to find a source for them.

catspring, TX
More on bluebonnets
There are several different species of bluebonnets that grow in Texas. Which one is the official state flower?

Catspring, TX
Conditions for growing Prunus mexicana
Will a native Wild Plum do well in the Cat Spring area west of Houston. The soil is quite sandy. I was told that the plum trees attract deer.

Cat Spring, TX
Can non-native star jasmine attract snakes?
I have star jasmine climbing up my house. Can it attract snakes?

Bellville, TX
Low-growing evergreen shrubs for Bellville , TX
I live north of Bellville, TX and have a 3-tiered retaining wall on the west and north sides of my house. What low growing (around 2' tall) evergreen shrubs would be good to plant here. The west si...

Bellville, TX
When to mow bluebonnets
I have approx. 2 acres on the side and front of my house in Austin County. When can I mow the remaining high grass and not disturb the natural renewal? Also, I plan to purchase more bluebonnet seed ...

Bellville, TX
Evergreen shrub for screen in Bellville, Texas
Would you please recommend a dense evergreen for a living screen in Bellville, TX (Austin County) that will receive full sun? Fast growing and a minimum height of 8' are preferred.

New Ulm, TX
Plants for slopes in South Texas
Can you provide a list of plants for use on slopes in S. Texas?

Sealy, TX
Taking bluebonnets to Anchorage AK from Sealy TX
Moving to Anchorage Alaska from Texas and I am bringing bluebonnet seeds to plant there. Will the moose eat these plants/flowers?

Alleyton, TX
Propagation of quincula lobata from Alleyton TX
Quincula lobata..how to propagate and when?

Chappell Hill, TX
Starting transplants of native Pleopeltis polypodioides
I would like to know how to start Pleopeltis polypodioides (resurrection fern) growing in my oak trees. I have a source for the plants but do not know how to start the transplants on the limbs of the...

Chappell Hill, TX
a source for fruitless olive (non-native) trees
I was given a "mexican olive" several years ago which is doing very well. This one is non-fruiting and I would like to have another that is non-fruiting but cannot find one. Cordia boissieri see...

Chappell Hill, TX
Latest time to mow bluebonnets from Chappell Hill TX
The past few years, my bluebonnets have been overwhelmed by tall grass. I could have solved this by mowing later, but I was always afraid of mowing new bluebonnet plants. When is the latest time I can...

Chappell Hill, TX
Need suggestions for plants for a privacy screen for a pecan orchard in Chappell Hill, TX.
Mr. Smarty Plants, My family has just begun converting our land in Chappell Hill, TX (Washington County) into a pecan orchard. We had to clear a lot of the overgrowth around the edge of the proper...

Chappell Hill, TX
I am trying to name a pink fall blooming wildflower. It is growing in a ditch and has several blooms on a stalk about 4' tall.

Chappell Hill, TX
Wild Texas olive trees in Chappell Hill TX
Are wild texas olive trees male and female? Mine is evergreen with no olives. I would like to have another that is evergreen and has no fruit but all I find are deciduous and have fruit.

Brenham, TX
Optimum mowing time for acreage with spring wildflowers
I have several acres where wildflowers grow in the spring, & would like to know when and how often to mow this field for optimum blooms?

brenham, TX
More on bluebonnets
Do bluebonnets, being a legume, contribute anything beneficial to the soil?

Brenham, TX
Bluebonnet party for April 17 in Brenham TX
I wish to have a Bluebonnet party. I planted seeds in the spring and fall and the plants have come up like crazy. Given our unusual weather, when can you predict they will peak.?? I was planning t...

Brenham, TX
Plants for shady area in Brenham, TX
I have an area which receives shade all day, but gets a lot of sun just before sunset. What sorts of plants would do well?

Brenham, TX
Native plants for deer
I live on 5 acres near Brenham and want to plant FOR the deer, without using non-natives. I leave unmowed islands of Buffalo grass, little bluestem and many native forbs. I know they are using it for ...