Magnolia, TX
Shade plants for a childrens garden in Magnolia, TX
What shade plants would be good to plant in a Children's garden at a learning center?

Magnolia, TX
Is Texas Mountain Laurel what I planted in Magnolia TX?
I think I planted Texas Mt. Laurels and need to see a pic of early plants. Can you help?

Magnolia, TX
Woluld like a list of plants, shrubs, and ground cover native to Magnolia, TX.
I would like a list of plants, shrubs, and ground cover that is native to Magnolia, TX that is deer resistant but also non toxic to dogs.

Magnolia, TX
Need a fast growing shrub to quickly create a 6' privacy screen in Magnolia, TX.
Can you please recommend a fast-growing shrub to quickly create a 6' plus-tall privacy screen in an area with mottled shade along a north/south oriented wrought-iron fence? This is under a canopy of...

Magnolia, TX
Pruning Ageratina havenensis from Magnolia TX
I planted a Eupatorium havanense last year here in the last sandy finger of the piney woods; it gets full sun in a well-drained raised bed, where it flowered well. I pruned it fairly close, and it cam...

Magnolia, TX
Limp leaves on Texas purple sage in Magnolia TX
Recently planted Texas purple sage, some of it looks healthy and has new blooms, but a few of the plants have limp leaves and are thin at the bottom. I read the article on cotton root rot, but am not ...

Magnolia, TX
Finding Buffalograss Sod in the Houston Area
Do you have a source for Buffalo Grass plugs or sod in the Magnolia/ Houston area?

Magnolia, TX
Identification of plant with crimson tubular flowers
I saw this lovely flower in a field in Cleveland Tx. It was growing in a patch with maybe 4 or 5 other of the same yet only in that area. The flower is crimson red, long and tubular that grow on a woo...

Magnolia, TX
Spacing for wax myrtles as screen in Texas
I have bought 30 wax myrtles, 15 gallon sized, and would like to plant them along my fence line, as a screen. How far apart is the recommended distance when planting plants of this size? Thank you!

Magnolia, TX
Century plant leaves yellowing from Magnolia TX
The leaves on my large Agave/Century plant are turning yellow. The bottom leaves, touching the ground are dying. Plant is 5.5" tall, 6" across & approx 10 yrs old. Recently we put red mulch around t...

Tomball, TX
Bluebonnet stencil for furniture
where or who would sell furniture stancils of bluebonnets

Tomball, TX
Distinguishing elm species from volunteers in yard
What's the best way to distinguish young elm tree species apart from one another? We have a bunch coming up in our yard and we're trying to figure out if they are Winged, Cedar or American. Some of ...

Tomball, TX
Correct cultural conditions for liatris
I recently bought some gayfeather (liatris pycnostachya) and planted in my yard in a nice full sun spot. Gets sun for roughly 10 hours a day. However, it's also the single driest spot in my yard (jus...

Tomball, TX
Want to take cuttings from Yaupon in Tomball, TX.
From Tomball, Texas - we have a very shaded back yard and would like some lower growing shrubbery as a screen for the neighbors. Wild yaupon holly is growing well on the fringes and I would like to f...

Tomball, TX
Source for non-native yellow bauhinia in Tomball, TX
I am trying to find a yellow bauhinia plant/tree/shrub here in Tomball, TX. I went to the Arbor Gate in Tomball and they only have the white and orange, but they do have a yellow bauhinia on display ...

Plantersville, TX
Definition of "Weed Laws"
What are weed laws?

Montgomery, TX
Ground cover to control erosion in Montgomery County, Texas
I am looking for some kind of ground cover to control erosion on a north facing slope in Montgomery County, Texas. The area gets very little direct sunlight. I need something that will establish quick...

Montgomery, TX
Flowering landscape plants for Montgomery TX
Hello I live in Montgomery TX. I am looking for low growing evergreen flowering plants for the front of my three deep beds. The first plant closest to the foundation is loropetalum, then I have a blue...

Montgomery, TX
Are oleanders poisonous?
Are Oleanders poisonous?

Montgomery, TX
How close to plant Prunus carolinia for a privacy buffer in Montgomery, TX.
I recently purchased some Prunus caroliniana trees for a privacy buffer between my neighbor and me. I have not yet planted them. They are in 25 gallon buckets and are about 10 feet tall now. How mu...

Montgomery, TX
Ways of eliminating smilax bona-nox
How can I get rid of "smilax bona" or green briar vines besides digging them up one by one? I have been told by Harris County Ext. Office to just mow them.. Ha Ha Good luck with that. Is there a...