Bernice, OK
More on bluebonnets
It is the first week of March in northeast Oklahoma and I received a wildflower mix that is 60% Lupinus texensis or Texas bluebonnets. Should I wait until fall to plant or can I cold treat or do som...

Joplin, MO
Freeze problems with non-native weeping willow in Joplin, MO
My weeping willow had leaves forming and a frost hit and now the tree looks like it is dead. Everything else is in bloom and I don't know if the frost killed my tree or if I need to wait to see if it...

Bentonville, AR
Is any part of flowering peach (Prunus persica) toxic to dogs
I know that peach pits and wilting leaves are poisonous to dogs, but can you tell me if any part of the Red Flowering Peach Tree (no fruit) is toxic?

Bentonville, AR
Vines for fence in Bentonville, Arkansas
I have about 600 LF of 8ft high chain link fence I would like to grow vines on in Northwest Arkansas for screening. I would like some to cover quickly but be maintenance friendly. I heard alternating ...

Talala, OK
Sowing an old highway right of way with native wildflowers
We have an old highway right-of-way which we would like to seed with wildflowers. Can you help us?

Claremore, OK
Wintering over Bluebonnets in a pot in Oklahoma
I live near Tulsa, OK, and I have spent the last year trying to grow bluebonnets in a container. I have been very successful in this process and they are so beautiful and full, but now I am worried ab...

Oologah, OK
I'm trying to identify a bush/shrub that is approx. 6 ft. with leaves like an azalea but has orange hot air balloon shaped balls that turn to small orange flowers. Blooming now in May. Dies back ea...

Rogers, AR
Grass for erosion control
I have a very shaded sloped back yard. I have not been able to get grass to grow due to the shade. There are approximately twenty 30-40 ft. Oaks in the yard. The yard slopes toward the house. I wo...

Rogers, AR
Plants for a septic field in Rogers AR
I live in Rogers Arkansas (northwest corner of the state). My home sits in a holler. My back and side yard is almost totally lateral lines for a septic system. One section of my yard (it's fenced an...

Rogers, AR
Will a gift yucca survive in Northwest Arkansas?
Had received a yucca tree as a gift and wondering if it will survive in the ground here in northwest Arkansas. It has a complete tropical look compared to my regular yucca plants. I believe it's actu...

Lowell, AR
Smarty Plants on Plant Identification
We bought our house last October and there were beautiful pink flowers blooming along our sidewalk. They bloomed until past Thanksgiving. They resembled Azaleas but we don't know what they were. Th...

Wagoner, OK
Possible identification of Hydrocotyle bonariensis
I went to Pedra Island two years ago I saw a plant that grew around the beach. It has a perfectly round leaf that has the stem in the middle of the back side of the leaf. It has small yellow flowers. ...

Springdale, AR
Yellowing leaves on weeping willow
We have a 4 year old Weeping Willow, 12+/- ft. tall and this week the leaves are starting to become yellow. This willow is full and robust in appearance, best it's ever looked. We have 2 other Wee...

Springdale, AR
Finding climate zone before puchasing plants in Springdale AR
I should be allowed to select my climate zone, my state has at least 3 zones. Then this would be a terrific help in identifying which plants I should buy.

Fayetteville, AR
Non-native Alocasia in Fayetteville, AR
I am trying to find out information on a plant that I received as a gift called an Alocaiso Plant, It a green, large, shiny green leaf plant with cream colored veins. Very beautiful and I would think...

Stilwell, OK
Knots on redbuds in Stillwell, OK
My redbud has knots all over the limbs. Its been this way for a few years now. I can not find a way to take care of this problem. I don't even know what is causing this. Can you help me?

Bartlesville, OK
Erosion Control in Bartlesville OK
What kind of plants can we use to stop erosion and loss of bank on a creek that is mostly shaded? Is there any free advice/plants for people that are losing land due to water levels rising/dropping?

Bartlesville, OK
Plant for privacy hedge in Oklahoma that is not poisonous to dogs
Hello! I am looking to put a privacy hedge fence in my yard. I love the look of American Holly, however, I have a dog who eats everything so I worry that this will not be a wise choice with the b...

Broken Arrow, OK
Can trimmings from non-native globe willows be planted from Broken Arrow OK?
We have 2 globe willow trees in our back yard. We trim low hanging branches. Can we take these cut branches, -plant them and have it grow into a new globe willow tree?

Muskogee, OK
Digging sassafras roots in Oklahoma
When should I dig sassafras roots in eastern Oklahoma?

Muskogee, OK
Ants in vegetable garden in Muskogee OK
I have ants in my vegetable garden this spring - I think because of all the rain. I think they are the culprits that ruined my spinach and swiss chard. They have left all the lettuces alone..but you...