Natchitoches, LA
Expected color of non-native crapemyrtles in Natchitoches LA
just bought 8 new crepe myrtle trees that are suppose to be dynamite red in color. However, the few bulbs that are on them when you break them open they are white! Does this mean they are going to be ...

Natchitoches, LA
Plant identification for Louisiana
Trying to identify a "fruit bearing" plant around Natchitoches, Louisiana. Grows about waist high to average man, slightly elongated green leaf, bearing small green "fruit" or "berry", with pape...

Dry Prong, LA
I have visited this page and 18 more! I am still trying to find a plant that I found on a creek that runs through our land. I have pics. Great ones! Can I send the pic? If you like it, use it. I ...

Pineville, LA
Looking for a plant to use as a windbreak for a small orchard in Pineville LA.
We are looking for a good plant to use as a wind break for our small fruit orchard.

pineville, LA
Can the buds and flowers from my Rhodendron tree be toxic to my puppy? Yes
I recently got a new 7 week old puppy that keeps trying to play with and eat buds and flowers off my Rhododendron tree. Could this be toxic to him?

Hemphill, TX
Groundcovers for steep slope in East Texas
I HAVE A LAKE LOT IN EAST TEXAS ON TOLEDO BEND RESERVOIR IN HEMPHILL TEXAS. THE LAKE LOT IS BEAUTIFUL BUT VERY STEEP. IN SOME SPOTS IT IS ENTIRELY TOO STEEP TO MOW. IT WAS COMPLETELY GROWN UP WHEN WE ...

Hemphill, , TX
When to plant bermudagrass in East Texas
When to plant Bermuda grass in East TX, Center, Nacodoches, Lufkin and Center area?

Hemphill, TX
Identification of tiny blue flower blooming in February
There is a very small four petal flower that appears near the end of Winter. (This year they appeared in late Feb). These little flowers are a "Light Blueish" hue. They are around a quarter inch ac...

Forest Hill, LA
Information for constructing a butterfly observation building
I am looking for information on the construction of an indoor butterfly observation building and am having no luck. Thought I would take a chance and ask you.

Keithville, LA
Plants for under Oak Trees in LA.
What type of plants and grass can be planted under and around oak trees

Pineland, TX
Identify red-flowering vine in E. Texas
Beside a well on an old homestead in Deep East Texas, there is a delicate vine. The leaves are heart shaped with points all the way around. The flower is a bright red trumpet shaped. I saw an angel ...

San Augustine, TX
Looking for fruit and nut trees to plant in San Augustine, TX
I am setting up residence in San Augustine, Texas on approximately 9 acres of land. We wanted to plant a few of each type of fruit and nut trees that would prosper in the area (for wildlife and for o...

San Augustine, TX
Native plants for East Texas school gardens
I am a teacher in San Augustine, Texas (which is in the Eastern Pineywoods region). I have started an outdoor classroom/schoolyard habitat at our school. We are in the process of planning our plant ...

Grayson, LA
Erosion control in Grayson, LA
We live in northern Louisiana. We have a small hill beside our carport that washes. What can we plant to help keep this from washing that will stay green all year long?

Grayson, LA
Want to purchase mustang grape (Vitis mustangensis)
Do you know of a nursery where I can purchase mustang grapes? I have searched the web to no avail.

Bossier City, LA
Plant Identification
I have a plant that someone gave me and I don't have a clue what it is. I have a picture of it on my computer. If you can send me a email address where I can send the picture to you, that would be gre...

Bossier City, LA
Plants for near a salt water swimming pool
I need some suggestions of plants that will grow next to a public salt water swimming pool, located in Bossier City, Louisiana

Bossier City, LA
Native grasses for groundcover in Bossier, LA
What kind of ground cover can I plant on a slope that gets full sun?

Shreveport, LA
What is the weed of Cortez from Shreveport, LA
I am trying to locate the weed of Cortez. I live in northern Louisiana. Can you please let me know if you have ever heard of this? I was told that is a very rare large red flower that blooms in the sp...

Shreveport, LA
Transplant shock in Texas Star hibiscus
Why is my Texas star plant wilting and now is starting to turn yellow? I just bought it from a nursery and put it in a new pot.

Homer, LA
Non-native crapemyrtles changing color in Homer LA
I have six natchez crape myrtles, 2 1/2 years old now. This year, one of them has started blooming in a lavender color. Have you ever heard of this?