Columbia, TN
Propagation of Cahaba lily from Columbia TN
My cahaba lilies have so many seed pods. I would like to use the seeds properly to grow more lilies. Can anyone tell me the best way to go about it? Thank you

Columbia, TN
Small tree for yard in Columbia TN
I have a somewhat small yard but the construction workers put a water and sewer drain in the middle of my yard. The sewer main is located on the far side of my property my width of yard is 60 feet wid...

Culleoka, TN
Juniper-apple rust galls
I have Red Cedar trees in my yard. I have just noticed something that looks like a reddish brown squid-like bloom about the size of a small orange. Is this normal or is it a fungus?

Spring Hill, TN
Source for dwarf red mulberry from Spring Hill TN
Hello: Where can I buy a dwarf red mulberry tree in the USA? Thanks

Lewisburg, TN
I have a 50 ft tree in my front forest apartment in Lewisburg, TN garden, that is blooming white cluster flowers. They are slightly fragrant. I thought Carolina silverbell but they have NO yellow stam...

Franklin, TN
Annuals victims of allelopathy under a hackberry tree in Franklin TN
In our new home's back yard we have a 30' hackberry tree that's less than 20' from our house, on the NW side. I planted your typical shade annuals, impatiens, etc., in the mulch bed under the tre...

Franklin, TN
Bluebonnets and wildflowers for Nashville TN
I have several packets individually of both bluebonnets and of wildflowers, and want to plant them on 2 hills that we have around our home. We live near Nashville, and aren't even sure if the bluebo...

Franklin, TN
Tree near a patio in Tennessee
What type of tree would you plant near a patio (new home and yard) that gets afternoon sun? Thanks

Centerville, TN
My daughter is working on a wildflower collection for her Biology class, we have found a flower, that, for appearances sake, is identified in books as Selfheal. This flower is taller than pictures we...

Bon Aqua , TN
Need Plant Identification from Bon Aqua, Tennessee?
By a creek, I found a plant that I have never seen in my life. It has a tall stalk and has leaves like a weed or grass, and the flower looks like a pine tree. The plant looks like a mix of a grass, a...

Lawrenceburg, TN
Plants around swimming pool
What kind of plants can I plant around my swimming pool and will not be harmed by the chemicals of the pool?

Brentwood, TN
Native wildflowers and grasses for sunny field in Nashville, TN
I want to plant wildflowers in a sunny field (old pasture land) in Nashville, Tennessee. I plan on killing the existing weeds and tall grasses with roundup this fall and planting native grasses (wha...

kingston springs, TN
Mystery Iris-like plant in Tennessee
What is this flower? It came up and bloomed for about five days then died. It was a beautiful white trumpet shaped flower. It had one stem with four flowers. It came up like an Iris but we nver plante...

Giles County, TN
Plant identification of vine in Tennessee
I have this vine that grows in my backyard and on the vine there are green balls about half the size of a hedge apple and inside balls are a bunch of seeds. The deer love to eat these. Do you know wha...

Antioch, TN
Identity of white flowers, 6 petals and 5 yellow stamens
Have white flower with 6 petals and 5 yellow stamen in middle . Looks like yellow stamen star cluster. Could be Gladious or Star of bethleham but Star has 6 yellow stamen in middle right? Can you id...

Antioch, TN
Identification of vine with 4-petaled purple flower
Does anybody know what vine has a purple four petaled flower with small bulb in middle??

Murfreesboro, TN
Propagating Magnolia grandiflora from Murfreesboro TN
There are several Magnolia grandiflora (Southern magnolia) that have been planted in my neighborhood in middle Tennessee by a landscaping company, and now that they all appear to be producing seeds, ...

Nashville , TN
Identity of a fern-like plant in Nashville TN.
There is a fern like plant that is growing in partial sun in my front yard. It closes and opens with the sun. Its leaves are lacy and long; so far no flowers. I have pictures but not for this format...

Nashville, TN
Native vine for privacy fence in Tennessee
I am looking for a vine for privacy that grows in width not up; thru a standard 4' chain link fence. Colorfull. Can you help?

Nashville, TN
Distance from existing oak trees to place paving
We are designing an expansion for an existing veterinary office and the desired side for expansion will require addition to the parking and drive aisle to the back side of the property. My question i...

Nashville, TN
List of native plants for landscaping in Nashville, TN
Can you provide a list of plants that I can landscape with in Nashville, Tennessee?