Laceys Spring, AL
Wildflower blooming in Austin in mid-March from Laceys Spring AL
Hi I will be at and around the center the weekend of March 9 & 10 to exhibit in the Art and Artisan's Festival and plan to stay a few extra days to "wildflower" either before or after. What is you...

Laceys Spring, AL
Wildflowers that grow in woodlands
Please tell me the names of wildflowers that grow under your oak trees in Texas. I am only familiar with those open meadow plants, not those that live under the deciduous trees. Thank you for your t...

Huntsville, AL
Effects of concrete patio poured around tulip poplar tree
We have a beautiful tulip poplar tree in our back yard that we wanted to be the focal point of our patio. We had seen pictures of patios with trees incorporated in patios leaving two to three feet of...

Huntsville, AL
TIF 419 Bermudagrass vs. Zoysia
I'm currently faced with the decision to sod my yard with TIF 419 or Zoysia. Zoysia is double the price so my knee jerk reaction is to go with Bermuda. Proponents of Zoysia claim it requires less m...

Huntsville, AL
Distinguishing American from Chinese beautyberry from Huntsville AL
How can I tell American beautyberry from Chinese beautyberry when trying to purchase strictly native plants?

Grant, AL
Identity of tree in Grant AL
What is the name of the tree in N.E. Alabama that has a big green heart shaped leaf in Nov. with clusters or nuts & blonde small nuts the size of a pea . And deer are eating the small blonde nut in No...

Cullman, AL
Diamonds and Rubies plant (Lychnis coronaria)
I recently purchased a plant from the Huntsville, AL Botanical Gardens at their annual plant sale. The name on the plant tag is "Rubies and Diamonds". No one at the Botanical Garden knew the scien...

Boaz, AL
Male and female Maclura pomifera trees in Boaz AL
To grow a Maclura pomifera female tree, do I have to have a male tree for the female to produce fruit?

Oneonta, AL
Varieties of lupines that will grow in Zone 7, Alabama
I have just found you and read 500 plus questions, fascinated. My question concerns plants in Alabama, is there a variety of lupine that will grow is zone 7, sun or shade? Also, we purchased acreage t...

Fayetteville, TN
Controlling seeding of non- native, invasive Paulownia from Fayetteville TN
My husband planted a Paulownia tree against my advice about eight years ago. This summer it has huge seed pods. How do I keep the seeds from invading the wooded area of our property?

Giles County, TN
Plant identification of vine in Tennessee
I have this vine that grows in my backyard and on the vine there are green balls about half the size of a hedge apple and inside balls are a bunch of seeds. The deer love to eat these. Do you know wha...

Gadsden, AL
Pollination by dwarf yaupons of normal size selections in Gadsden AL
Can dwarf varieties of male yaupons be used to pollinate non dwarf female yaupons? Specific males in question are Shillings (Stokes Dwarf) yaupon and Bordeaux Condeaux.

Mt. Hope, AL
Rose varieties for Alabama
What climate and soil types will Rosa Rogosa, a plant that grows in MA, require?

Killen, AL
Shrubs and trees over septic tank in Killen AL
Our church has 5year old blue rug juniper, a crape myrtle and two shrubs I can't identify planted over the septic tank which is surrounded with concrete and asphalt. I am afraid these will cause a pr...

Trussville, AL
Questions about lilies from Trussville AL
How can I tell what kind of lily I have? Or better yet,what is the difference between Asiatic lily and a daylily? I also noticed someone asked about Cahaba lily. Just want to let you know I grow Caha...

Trussville, AL
Plant identification of conifer-like low plant in Alabama
When walking in woods of Alabama we found a plant that grows along the ground. looks like a conifer about 2 or 3 inches tall, has a trailing vine under the leaves and pops up little sprigs of greener...

Florence, AL
Plant called Jesus in a Manger from Florence AL
Where can I find a plant called "Jesus in a Manger"?

Lewisburg, TN
I have a 50 ft tree in my front forest apartment in Lewisburg, TN garden, that is blooming white cluster flowers. They are slightly fragrant. I thought Carolina silverbell but they have NO yellow stam...

Lawrenceburg, TN
Plants around swimming pool
What kind of plants can I plant around my swimming pool and will not be harmed by the chemicals of the pool?

Culleoka, TN
Juniper-apple rust galls
I have Red Cedar trees in my yard. I have just noticed something that looks like a reddish brown squid-like bloom about the size of a small orange. Is this normal or is it a fungus?

Jacksonville, AL
Availability of ruda plants (Ruta graveolens) in Alabama
I want to know is ruda plants available in alabama? If so where can I find it.