Hardinsburg , KY
Identity of red flower that looks like a blue bell
Looking for the name of a flower that grows in Breckinridge county Kentucky. It's looks similar to the blue bell but blood red in color. Any help is appreciated.

Webster, KY
Landscaping large area in Webster KY
We just bought a house that we fell in love with. The land around it . . . well it has GREAT potential but is seriously lacking at the moment. Trying to get the farm up and running leaves very litt...

Ekron, KY
Identity of vine growing in Kentucky.
I have a vine I can't identify. The leaf is heart shaped and the vine is fuzzy. The blooms is just now starting to bloom. They are small red and some white in it. The bloom sort of remind you of a c...

Leitchfield, KY
Non-native mimosa failing to bloom in Leitchfield KY
I have a medium size mimosa tree here in KY that usually blooms beautifully; it did not bloom at all this year. It leafed out well, needs a few dead limbs pruned, but seems otherwise healthy. Please t...

Oriole, IN
Plants for a pond edge in IN
Hello, I live in Southern Indiana. I care very much about reinforcing native plants for my region & not planting anything invasive. I had a pond built last year & need some suggestions for native ...

White Mills, KY
Non-blooming toad lily in Kentucky
I have had a toad lily for three years and it has never bloomed. What do I need to do?

Radcliff, KY
Identification of plant from wildflower mix in Radcliff KY
I bought a wildflower mixture from local store; after planting, there is a 2 ft bush or plant with flowers that are yellow, and small like those on a cantaloupe, leaves that look like a watermelon, bu...

Leavenworth, IN
Plants for clay soil in Leavenworth IN
I live in south central Indiana; the soil is very bad clay, either hard as a rock or mud. I have made several raised beds but am still having problems with plants rotting. What types of plants work he...

Owensboro, KY
Bluebonnet peak for 2010
What does 2010 look for bluebonnets in Texas. When will they peak?

Owensboro, KY
Identification of small plant with lavendar flower
I have something growing in my yard and pasture that for some odd reason is growing all over the place. I never noticed it being this abundant before. I'm not sure if it's listed as a wild flower or...

Richland, IN
Underdeveloped pecan kernels with brown spots
our pecan tree was loaded this year. it is a soft shell . some of the pecan meats are not fully developed and have small dark spots on them. could this be a blyte of somekind and if so what can we ...

Hodgenville, KY
Problems with non-native petunias from Hodgeville, KY
Planting petunias again in a house border bed.. It has been a tradition for 30+ years to plant the small upright petunias in this particular bed. It started as a Mothers Day gift to my Grandmother, ...

Fairdale, KY
Comment on Doug Shermans photography
This is actually not a question. I just wanted to comment on Doug Sherman's photographs. I am working on a native garden presentation and his pictures are amazing. I love the way he captures the f...

Holland, IN
Flowering groundcover for Indiana
I live in southern Indiana and am looking for a nice flowering groundcover that will overcome the grass. It is on a hill that is very hard to mow.

Greenville, IN
Will an ivy vine growing up my maple kill it?
I have a ground cover ivy vine that has grown up my big maple tree. I would like to know if this will kill the tree if left, or will I kill the tree if I take it off? What should I do with it?

Louisville, KY
Looking for a source for milkweed plants in Goshen, KY.
I live in Louisville(actually Jeffersontown), KY and would love to find some milkweed plants for the butterflies. I have not had any luck with seeds so I am looking for actual plants. Do you have an...

Louisville, KY
Evergreen plants safe for horses in Louisville, Kentucky
I have a horse farm in Louisville, Ky. I want to plant evergreen plants along the walls in front of the horse barns. What types of plants are not toxic to horses can I use? Thank you so much for all y...

Louisville, KY
plant identification
I don't know if this plant is native, but it is a volunteer. It is a spiny , cane producing bramble . It produces tight clusters of inconspicuous fluffy reddish pink flowers about a centimeter acros...

Louisville, KY
Problems with non-native Callery Pear tree from Louisville KY
I have a Cleveland select that has a bark issue. It is on its second season and I just saw this. It looks like the bark is bubbling up kinda and then wants to peel off the main trunk. I have a picture...

Louisville, KY
Plant identification of fern-like tree in Tennessee/North Carolina
Was on my way to Hilton Head and noticed near the border of Tennessee and North Carolina, there was a tree standing about 4 feet tall. Thin straight trunk and at the very top was fern looking foliage...

Louisville, KY
Is Viburnum dentatum (Chicago Lustre) toxic to horses
Are Chicago Lustre Viburnum -- Viburnum Dentatum -- toxic to horses?