White Mills, KY
Non-blooming toad lily in Kentucky
I have had a toad lily for three years and it has never bloomed. What do I need to do?

Leitchfield, KY
Non-native mimosa failing to bloom in Leitchfield KY
I have a medium size mimosa tree here in KY that usually blooms beautifully; it did not bloom at all this year. It leafed out well, needs a few dead limbs pruned, but seems otherwise healthy. Please t...

Hodgenville, KY
Problems with non-native petunias from Hodgeville, KY
Planting petunias again in a house border bed.. It has been a tradition for 30+ years to plant the small upright petunias in this particular bed. It started as a Mothers Day gift to my Grandmother, ...

Radcliff, KY
Identification of plant from wildflower mix in Radcliff KY
I bought a wildflower mixture from local store; after planting, there is a 2 ft bush or plant with flowers that are yellow, and small like those on a cantaloupe, leaves that look like a watermelon, bu...

Ekron, KY
Identity of vine growing in Kentucky.
I have a vine I can't identify. The leaf is heart shaped and the vine is fuzzy. The blooms is just now starting to bloom. They are small red and some white in it. The bloom sort of remind you of a c...

Hardinsburg , KY
Identity of red flower that looks like a blue bell
Looking for the name of a flower that grows in Breckinridge county Kentucky. It's looks similar to the blue bell but blood red in color. Any help is appreciated.

Webster, KY
Landscaping large area in Webster KY
We just bought a house that we fell in love with. The land around it . . . well it has GREAT potential but is seriously lacking at the moment. Trying to get the farm up and running leaves very litt...

bardstown, KY
Deer resistant vines for Kentucky
Is there a vine I can grow on my garden fence to deter deer?

Fairdale, KY
Comment on Doug Shermans photography
This is actually not a question. I just wanted to comment on Doug Sherman's photographs. I am working on a native garden presentation and his pictures are amazing. I love the way he captures the f...

Bowling Green, KY
Tree ordinances re Magnolia Ladybird Johnson tree
What exactly is a Ladybird Johnson tree? Also, is there any type of federal or state law(s) that prohibits the cutting, trimming or removal of a LadyBird Johnson tree? Thank you for your time!

Bowling Green, KY
Wildflowers for an outdoor classroom in Bowling Green, Kentucky
We would like to know what types of wildflowers could easily be grown in an outdoor classroom in Bowling Green, KY.

Bowling Green, KY
How is native range changed in the scientific record?
I am accessioning Pachysandra procumbens for the Baker Arboretum. These plants were made from cuttings of a native stand here in Warren County (Western KY). How does the record get amended to...

Springfield, KY
Plants for pool area in Kentucky
We live in central Kentucky and have a backyard pool that desperately needs some landscaping. I would like plants that don't drop a lot of leaves or "trash". I'd like a list of great poolside pl...

Edmonton, KY
Premature leaf drop on Red Maple in Kentucky
I have a ten foot Red Maple tree that has been set out for 4 years. Its leaves have slowly turned colors until it currently looks like fall. The leaves are not falling off nor is there yet any s...

Leavenworth, IN
Plants for clay soil in Leavenworth IN
I live in south central Indiana; the soil is very bad clay, either hard as a rock or mud. I have made several raised beds but am still having problems with plants rotting. What types of plants work he...

Oriole, IN
Plants for a pond edge in IN
Hello, I live in Southern Indiana. I care very much about reinforcing native plants for my region & not planting anything invasive. I had a pond built last year & need some suggestions for native ...

Louisville, KY
plant identification
I don't know if this plant is native, but it is a volunteer. It is a spiny , cane producing bramble . It produces tight clusters of inconspicuous fluffy reddish pink flowers about a centimeter acros...

Louisville, KY
Care for non-native Hibiscus syriacus (Rose of Sharon)
I am moving into a new home and have been told that the two plants in my front yard are called Hearts of Sharon. I need to know how to care for them and when and how to prune them so that they dont gr...

Louisville, KY
Blue vervain native to Indiana
I have a species I need to know if it is native to my area (southern Indiana) - Blue Vervain (Verbena hastata)

Louisville, KY
Turf grass for part-time home from Louisville KY
We have a small yard at a remote location with cistern water, and need a turf grass for a yard, clay soil, which I am willing to amend. It will receive sporadic attention as my husband and I do not l...

Louisville, KY
Looking for a source for milkweed plants in Goshen, KY.
I live in Louisville(actually Jeffersontown), KY and would love to find some milkweed plants for the butterflies. I have not had any luck with seeds so I am looking for actual plants. Do you have an...