Marietta, GA
October wildflower bouquets for South Carolina wedding
I live in Marietta, Georgia and my daughter is getting married in Pendleton, South Carolina (near Clemson,SC) October 11th. I am in charge of getting 10 wildflower bouquets for the bridesmaids !!! C...

Marietta, GA
Hybrid Impatiens leaves yellowing from Marietta GA
My impatiens looked great when I went out of town, I had recently fertilized. The person left to water them fertilized them. Now they are yellow and dwarfed. Anything I can do?

Marietta, GA
Source of seeds for non-native Josephs Coat
Looking for some time for Joseph's coat seeds,(Althernanthera--Chartreuse), Can you help?

Marietta, GA
Exotic plant/shrubs for Marietta, GA.
Hi. I live in Marietta GA. and i am looking to add some curb appeal to my front lawn (around the border of the house). I would like evergreen plants and shrubs. I love the tropical/exotic look. do you...

Marietta, GA
Wildflower meadow on former cattle pasture in North Carolina
We have purchased approximately 7 acres of land in North Carolina. A neighbor has been using the land for grazing his cows, but I hope to plant it with wildflowers once we've built a small house. W...

Smyrna, GA
Lawn Grass for North Georgia
I would like to know which type of grass would be best to plant in my yard? I have two dogs so there is a lot of traffic. The yard is on a slope so some of it stays dry while the rest is almost always...

Kennesaw, GA
Plant identification in Georgia
I saw the same question that I was going to ask about the plant that folds its leaves at dusk, with sparse branches, rapid growth, small yellow flowers and long (whisker-like, but do not appear to be ...

Roswell, GA
Brush cleaning fluid used under non- native Loropetalum in Roswell GA
My painter cleaned their brushes under one of my Black Diamond Lorpetulum and it is wilting "BAD." Is there anything I can do?

Roswell, GA
Yellowing of Leyland Cypress in Roswell, GA
We paid for 12 foot naylor blue leyland's to be planted behind our home. This is their first season in the ground here - they came from a tree farm - there is yellowing on some of the branches and w...

Roswell, GA
Treating cuts in tree trunks
We have two young trees that deer made bad cuts in the trunks. What can we put on cuts to keep bugs and disease from getting in them.? Thank you.

Atlanta, GA
Help with plant identification.
We need help identifying a perennial in our backyard, which we assume is a native/wildflower, but might not be. It has yellow flowers with 5/6 petals (delicatea, starlike/about 1-1.5 inches across) a...

Atlanta, GA
Correct photos of Cynoglossum virginianum
I recently found some "wild comfrey" (Cynoglossum virginianum) growing in woodlands in Atlanta,GA. When I used the photos on Wildflower Center website to ID this plant, I found what appears to be t...

Atlanta, GA
Ground cover for shade from Atlanta GA
I am looking for recommendations for a ground cover. I live in the Atlanta, Georgia area and have a large shady slope on which I would like to use low maintenance/water native ground cover. What wou...

Atlanta, GA
Watering grass, before or after cutting it
Should I water my grass before or after cutting it, after it has not been watered in a few days along with dry times?

Atlanta, GA
Evergreen shrubs for hedge in a Memorial Garden
Can you recommend some drought tolerant, low maintenance, evergreen shrubs that would be suitable as a hedge for a Memorial Garden? Thank you.

Atlanta, GA
Erosion control on partially shaded slope
Mr. Smarty Plants, I live in Atlanta, GA. My house is on a hill, and I am beginning to have erosion at my backyard porch (concrete slab, on the corners especially). The soil is mainly red clay, a...

Atlanta, GA
Smarty Plants on vitex
I recently purchased a vitex tree and I don't know anything about it other that it blooms. Can you tell me everything there is about this tree?

Atlanta, GA
How to prune Opuntia ellisiana in Decatur, GA.
Hi Mr SP--How do I go about pruning an Opuntia ellisiana? I have saws, newspaper, heavy leather gloves, goggles, etc. But my question is more about what section of the plant to cut. The base has de...

Atlanta, GA
Butterfly garden plants for partial shade in Georgia
I have a patio that is brick with 2 small areas for planting. The area has partial shade and soil is moist and looks dense. Currently there is an Ivy Bush in the back left corner which I like and ha...

Atlanta, GA
Potted non-native mimosas in the U.S.
We need I hope there is someone who could tell me where I could find potted mimosa plants in the US.

Atlanta, GA
Propagation by seed of Scutellaria ovata ssp. bracteata (heartleaf skullcap)
Scutellaria ovata ssp. bracteata-- Hi Mr. Smarty Plants! How do I grow this from seed?! I'm trying to propagate for a native plants garden (zone 7B). Thanks for the info! Cheers!