Adrian, MI
Winter pruning for yucca in Adrian, Michigan
Can I cut yucca plants down for winter months.

Sylvania, OH
Is a yucca going to have a stalk from Sylvania OH
Hi, I was wondering if the stalk on a yucca plant grows back every year after it is cut off? How to tell if it is going to have a stalk because some of my yucca's do not have one? Thank you for your ...

Sylvania, OH
I've lived at my apartment complex for a year now and this current spring/summer I noticed the grounds keeper leaving a fern like plant that is approx. 1-2 feet tall and approx. 1 foot wide. It's le...

Sylvania, OH
Non-native Purple Hyacinth from Sylvania OH
I am wondering if I plant a Purple Hyacinth Bean vine seed under a tree and allow it to grow up the tree trunk, will it kill the tree?

Chelsea, MI
Butterfly plants for area over septic system drainfield
I live in Michigan and have purchased a house with a septic system. I hate to mow grass AND to waste all that area over the drain field with mere turf. I also enjoy attracting butterflies. what are...

Chelsea, MI
Texas native wildflowers viable in Michigan
Can you tell me what wildflowers native to Texas would also thrive in Michigan?? I'd like to surprise a "transplant".

Toledo , OH
Hummingbird plants for OH
We live in Toledo, Ohio and would like to have a Hamelia patens or firebush to attract hummingbirds; we are in their migration path. Would it survive outdoors or do we need to pot and move it indoors ...

Ann Arbor, MI
Learning to identify wild plants in Michigan
I am trying to learn more about Michigan wildplants by taking one sample home each time I take my dog on a walk. We walk in fields, woods and wetlands in Ann Arbor. Today I found several Jack-in-the-P...

Jackson, MI
Identification of tree bought from a magazine ad
I recently submitted the following question to Ask An Expert. They were unable to identify the plant. I hope you will be able to. Can you help me by either identifying this plant or advising me a...

Jackson, MI
Groundcover plants for slope to prevent erosion
Hi, I have just made a 3/4 acre pond and the south facing slope is too steep to mow.Can you suggest any ground cover plants I could use to look nice and prevent erosion.

Jackson, MI
Moving a large red horse chestnut tree in Jackson MI
I have a red horse chestnut that is maybe 12 inches around, can I move it after the sap goes down about 10 miles to our new place? Sadly, I cannot afford to hire a tree truck. What are its chances?

Jackson , MI
Tulip tree with white spots on leaves in Mississippi
I have a tulip tree in my yard that blooms in the spring that is about 10-15 years old. However just this past week or so we have noticed that there is lots of white spots on the leaves and the branc...

Hillsdale, MI
Identification of thorny plant in Michigan
i live in southern michigan and have a thorny plant with oval leaves growing in my flower beds. this used to be a grassy area how did it get there. i live on the edge of town. what plants in my area h...

Toledo, OH
Vascular plants and mosses from Toledo OH
Why do vascular plants grow taller and thicker than mosses?

Toledo, OH
Plants wilting too quickly in Toledo OH
The garden I have had recent issues with plants wilting all too quickly. I would like to know what types of plants would be hearty for the climate in Toledo, Ohio. I have a partly sunny front yard and...

Toledo, OH
Possible reasons for yellowing leaves in seedlings in Ohio
I have a problem with my seedlings. They start yellowing of one leaf then die. When I remove the leaf another one starts. I have photos. I have two differant seedling plants and they are experiencing...

Toledo, OH
Plants for a shady front border in Ohio
My front flower bed faces the North. For the past 2 yrs. I lost 5-6 perennials. What can I plant that will make it with little sun. I don't want hostas nor ferns, nor short ground covers. I want col...

Perrysburg, OH
Native tree for Perrysburg OH
Can you recommend a small tree 15-20 feet for Perrysburg Ohio that does not produce seeds/berries/nuts etc, has large leaves and is pest resistant? Low maintenance

Ypsilanti, MI
Plants that might absorb moisture from air
I am searching for a plant that will reduce the relative humidity of a building. I work for a manufacturing company that is experiencing problems with water condensing on ceilings and equipment due t...

Ypsilanti, MI
Sources of information on native plants iin Ypsilanti, Michigan area
Hello, I am a scout with Troop 243. I am interested in knowing if you have information available to give me regarding the Native Plants that have been discovered in the Ypsilanti, Michigan area. I n...

Mount Pleasant , MI
Viewing times for wildflowers from Ouchitas to Austin
I'm a geographer and wildflower enthusiast considering a spring visit to the Austin area and want to find out the best time to view wildflowers and farm crops around Austin and also on the drive from...