Perrysburg, OH
Native tree for Perrysburg OH
Can you recommend a small tree 15-20 feet for Perrysburg Ohio that does not produce seeds/berries/nuts etc, has large leaves and is pest resistant? Low maintenance

Toledo, OH
Vascular plants and mosses from Toledo OH
Why do vascular plants grow taller and thicker than mosses?

Toledo, OH
Plants wilting too quickly in Toledo OH
The garden I have had recent issues with plants wilting all too quickly. I would like to know what types of plants would be hearty for the climate in Toledo, Ohio. I have a partly sunny front yard and...

Toledo, OH
Plants for a shady front border in Ohio
My front flower bed faces the North. For the past 2 yrs. I lost 5-6 perennials. What can I plant that will make it with little sun. I don't want hostas nor ferns, nor short ground covers. I want col...

Toledo, OH
Possible reasons for yellowing leaves in seedlings in Ohio
I have a problem with my seedlings. They start yellowing of one leaf then die. When I remove the leaf another one starts. I have photos. I have two differant seedling plants and they are experiencing...

Toledo , OH
Hummingbird plants for OH
We live in Toledo, Ohio and would like to have a Hamelia patens or firebush to attract hummingbirds; we are in their migration path. Would it survive outdoors or do we need to pot and move it indoors ...

Sylvania, OH
Is a yucca going to have a stalk from Sylvania OH
Hi, I was wondering if the stalk on a yucca plant grows back every year after it is cut off? How to tell if it is going to have a stalk because some of my yucca's do not have one? Thank you for your ...

Sylvania, OH
I've lived at my apartment complex for a year now and this current spring/summer I noticed the grounds keeper leaving a fern like plant that is approx. 1-2 feet tall and approx. 1 foot wide. It's le...

Sylvania, OH
Non-native Purple Hyacinth from Sylvania OH
I am wondering if I plant a Purple Hyacinth Bean vine seed under a tree and allow it to grow up the tree trunk, will it kill the tree?

Oak Harbor, OH
Photo of plant Beggar Tick
I am looking for information and a photo of the plant Beggar Tick. Thank you.

Adrian, MI
Winter pruning for yucca in Adrian, Michigan
Can I cut yucca plants down for winter months.

Tiffin, OH
Resourses that are being taken away - Tiffin OH
What are resources that are being taken away from humans and organisms?

Brownstown, MI
Help with control of small, invasive groundcover
I have a very invasive ground cover creeping into my yard. I've tried to identify it and it's similar to creeping charlie or garlic mustard. Leaves are triangular with jagged edges, small purple f...

Bellevue, OH
Deadheading a petunia and why
Can you please tell me the correct way to de-head a petunia and why?

Ypsilanti, MI
Plants that might absorb moisture from air
I am searching for a plant that will reduce the relative humidity of a building. I work for a manufacturing company that is experiencing problems with water condensing on ceilings and equipment due t...

Ypsilanti, MI
Sources of information on native plants iin Ypsilanti, Michigan area
Hello, I am a scout with Troop 243. I am interested in knowing if you have information available to give me regarding the Native Plants that have been discovered in the Ypsilanti, Michigan area. I n...

Romlulus, MI
What plants can be moved from Romulus MI to Cleveland TX?
I presently live and garden in Michigan, but will be re-locating in the next year to Cleveland Texas. What plants, if anything, can or should I bring to Texas?

Romulus, MI
Possibility of Oenothera flava growing in Michigan
Oenothera flava (A. Nels) Garrett, is it true that this plant is not in Michigan? Is it rare or something? Because I had a hard time trying to find out what it was.

sandusky, OH
What to do with 200 yucca seedlings in Sandusky, OH?
I have over two hundred 3 month old yucca seedlings from my last yr. Yucca plants. I soaked the the seeds for 24 hrs. planted them in trays and now they are abt. 2 inch tall. My question is, should I ...

Ann Arbor, MI
Learning to identify wild plants in Michigan
I am trying to learn more about Michigan wildplants by taking one sample home each time I take my dog on a walk. We walk in fields, woods and wetlands in Ann Arbor. Today I found several Jack-in-the-P...

Taylor, MI
Butterfly Garden, non-poisonous to Dogs, in Taylor MI
I have a small fenced yard with a patio that my dogs have free access to. I would like to create a butterfly garden and add other plants that are non toxic to my dachshunds. Any suggestions. I am f...