Adams Run, SC
Foundation Plants for South Carolina
What native plants are suitable as foundation plantings? My soil is heavy clayey loam with red clay subsoil. I live in Charleston County.

No. Charleston, SC
Plant List for Charleston South Carolina
I would like a list a plants that would do well in Charleston SC.

Charleston, SC
Grass for Charleston SC
Hey Mr. Smarty Plants. I live in Charleston, SC and am having trouble with my grass. What is the best wear resistant grass to plant in my area and when is the best time to plant it?

Charleston, SC
Fruit or nut trees for land in North Carolina
Mr. Smarty Plants I have 70 acres of land in Claremont, NC and am looking for low maintenance trees, plants, vegetables, etc., anything I can grow so that this land doesn't sit unused. I am especial...

Charleston, SC
Chile Pequin growing well in Charleston SC
Not really a question. I have successfully grown from seed Chile Pequins I picked up in Texas here in Charleston Sc. They are so hardy they come back from their stalks each year and sprout from seeds ...

CHARLESTON, SC
Are crepe myrtles (Lagerstroemia sp.) toxic to horses?
Are crepe myrtle trees toxic to horses ?

Charleston, SC
Plants for a new duck pond that are duck proof
Sir. I live in Charleston SC. I dug a pond for ducks in my backyard. I want to plant grass and anything else that will grow around the pond that the ducks won't want to eat up. What should I buy to p...

Charleston , SC
Locating Rhododendron calendulaceum
Trying to locate Rhododendron calendulaceum

Charleston, SC
Sprouts from Sabal palmetto in Charleston SC
I live in SC and have several palm trees (our state tree and symbol). The trees are wonderful, but my situation concerns the many, many sprouts that appear in the flower beds around the trees? Is the...

Charleston, SC
Shade-loving native plants for South Carolina
I am looking to incorporate a native plants section in my backyard. Shade seems to be a limiting factor in some parts, especially where I would look to create a natural hedge bordering my neighbor's...

Hanahan, SC
Is Savannah Holly poisonous to burn in Hanahan, SC.?
Can you please tell me if the wood from a savannah holly bush is poisonous to burn?

Goose Creek, SC
Is the mimosa tree poisonous?
Is the mimosa tree poisonous ? If you burn the trimmed limbs is the smoke noxious ?

Beaufort, SC
Non-native bougainvillea in Beaufort SC
Bougainvillea-Can I grow these in Beaufort SC?

Smoaks, SC
Problems with yellow lantana in Smoaks SC
My yellow lantanas are about five years old - big and beautiful, but beginning last year, the blooms are small and part of the tiny petals are brown or black. Can you tell me what I can do about this ...

Monckscorner, SC
Identification of shrub in South Carolina
First, I'm in Iraq but trying to write a book and have a question on a plant that grows in South Carolina. All I can do is describe it. The bush is normally green but turns red, has large leaves, kin...

Ridgeland, SC
Transplanting native azaleas in South Carolina
When is the best time to transplant azaleas in South Carolina Low Country?

Bluffton, SC
Is India Hawthorne a deer-resistant plant?
Is India Hawthorne a deer resistant plant in Beaufort County South Carolina?

Bluffton, SC
Flowering, deer resistant plants for South Carolina
Can you tell me which flowering plants are deer resistant and will grow in South Carolina?

Savanna, GA
Native cherry trees for Georgia
Is it possible to grow any type of cherry in Georgia, USA?

Savannah, GA
Grasses for erosion control in sand on coastal Georgia
I've been tasked with identifying native grass varieties or mixes (Coastal Georgia) that can be used for erosion control on sandy slopes created from dredged river sediment and that receive lots of s...

savannah, GA
Plant identification in Georgia.
Help I bought a bush at the flea market and I was told it would have white star flowers and it was a hydrangea. The leaves look like cannabis but not furry. The leaves grow from stalks Help what did...