Chepachet, RI
Native, deer-resistant evergreen trees for Rhode Island
What deer proof evergreens can I plant in RI that may make nice xmas trees in a few years?

Foster, RI
Plant ID from Foster RI
I have a weed flowering plant in bloom in a moist semi-shaded area. I would like to send a photo but I do not know how to upload.

Blackstone, MA
Zucchini blooms but no fruit
My zuchinni has lots of flowers, but they seem to fall and I am getting no fruit.. WHY

Providence, RI
Is non-native Tillandsia air plant poisonous to cats?
Are Tillandsia/air plants poisonous to cats? Please help!

Providence, RI
Non-native sedum 'Burrito' sunburned in Providence RI?
I have a sedum burrito that I keep outside and receives bright sun for around 6 hours a day. it looks like it's getting sunburned, the leaves are getting shriveled and browning on the tips. I've bro...

Cranston, RI
Need help identifying a tree with wintergreen-flavored bark that grew in my backyard during my youth in Cumberland, RI.
Growing up in Cumberland, Rhode Island (a town in the northern part of the state) there was a tree in our backyard with thin, brown peel-able bark. The bark itself had white stripes. Under the layer o...

Pawtucket, RI
I have a plant that I think is called a Brookmania or Bookmania. It has beautiful purple flowers with white centers and darker leaves. I cannot find any info on this flower.

Woodstock, CT
Smarty Plants on staghorn sumac
I currently have staghorn sumac in my yard located in Woodstock, Connecticut. it appears to be of the Rhus typhina species. i am removing these from my yard using a chainsaw and creating a pile of ...

West Warwick, RI
Need low-maintenance plants for courtyard in full sun in Rhode Island
I live in West Warwick, Rhode Island. I am designing a courtyard which because of its shape and design receives full sun all day. I am looking for flowers and plants which thrive in the sun yet are ...

East Providence, RI
Seed source for non-native Cenipa americana
The Genipa americana plant or seeds, do you have it on sale too?

Brooklyn, CT
Non-blooming yuccas in Brooklyn CT
I have outdoor yucca plants that don't flower - - in full sun. Why?

Warwick, RI
Propagation of non-native Selenicereus Antonyanus from Warwick RI
I just purchased a Selenicereus Anthonyanus, Rick Rack Cactus unrooted. I have searched on the web of the proper way to root the plant and have had no luck except it says easy rooting but not how to r...

Warwick, RI
Source for air plant from Warwick RI
Would you know of any store in Rhode Island that would sell the air plant (tillandsia plant)? I've been searching around and no luck! I would appreciate the help!! Thank you and take care

Warwick, RI
Invasiveness of native Viola sororia
I live in Warwick, RI and have a section of my backyard overgrown with common blue violets. My husband and I would like to relocate them to a more scenic location if possible. The advice the cooperat...

Millbury, MA
Deer-resistant plants for South Carolina
I have purchased a home in SC in an area that is overun with deer. What flowering plants for that area do deer not eat.

Attleboro, MA
Lippia alba for sale at Wildflower Center
Do you have this plant for sale Lippia Alba. thanks

Grafton, MA
Strange growth on oak tree
i have a very strange round segmented growth on a tree in my yard. i think the tree is a chinkapin oak and the growth is a reddish color. it looks like a ball with suction cups on it. it is very st...

Medway, MA
Do all tuliptrees (Liriodendron tulipifera) flower?
Do all tulip trees flower? We planted a baby one about 5 years ago and its grown considerably however it has never flowered. Is that normal? Thank you!

Medway, MA
Pruning tuliptree (Liriodendron tulipifera)
Thank you for your answer regarding when my tulip tree will flower. I also understand it can/will grow to over 100 feet so should we be pruning it a certain way to keep it contained? thank you

Charlton, MA
Care for non-native 'Glacier Blues' from Charlton MA
Do you have to prune or cut down Glacier Blues in the garden? My plants look brown and wilted.

Austin, TX
Is Jerusalem thorn native to Central Texas?
I was reading about Retama (Parkinsonia aculeata) which is native to South America and naturalized throughout Texas and the southern US. I also read that it is considered an invasive plant species in...