Dartmouth, MA
White fuzz on pine tree bark in Dartmouth MA
We have white fuzz on our pine tree bark?

Mattapoisett, MA
Propagating mimosa from seed
I have a seed pod from a Mimosa tree. What is the best way to start this beautiful tree from seed. Thank you!

Somerset , MA
Non-native Chamaedorea cataractarum question from Somerset MA
I have a Chamaedorea Cataractarum palm and I was wondering what a clumping palm is. From what part of the plant do the new fronds emerge? Was trying to look all over the web but can't find it. If you...

Somerset, MA
Identity of recently purchased plant from Somerset MA
I just bought a plant at Home Depot but it came with no tag. It has fairly large greyish green paddle shaped leaves, the leave stalks are pretty thick. Can you tell me what kind of plant do I have? I ...

Berkley, MA
I was wondering if you could help me identify a plant in the carrot family that has invaded a portion of my property that I fear may be toxic. It looks most like the water hemlock plant (leaf-wise, ...

N. Falmouth, MA
Damage to Pine Tree on Cape Cod, MA
My pine tree on Cape Cod has bark that is perforated with holes covering the entire tree. Bark can be removed by hand. Looks dead. What did this?

Falmouth, MA
Shrubs/ Trees for Privacy Screening on Cape Cod
Hi, I need a recommendation for a row of trees/shrubs that I can put on my boundary line to block my neighbor. It's in a wooded area that I could thin somewhat. I would need them to be fast growing...

Newport, RI
Small evergreen plants in Rhode Island
Please name a few small flowering evergreen plants. Thanks.

Newport, RI
Overwintering Newly Rooted Hydrangea
I am in the process of rooting a hydrangea shoot in a pot, should I bring this inside to winter? I thought burying the whole clay pot to winter outside, is this feasible? I'm in zone 6b. What would b...

Newport, RI
Possible maple scale on non-native mophead hydrangeas from Newport RI
I have a mophead hydrangea that has small white cottony tufts under the leaves and on the stems. I believe this is maple scale. Is there a home remedy I can use to rid this disease?

Middleboro, MA
Need to identify orange tube-like plants in Middleboro, MA
Mr. Smarty Plants~ I live near some industrial companies, and lately I have been finding these orange plants, like tubes almost the top being brownish all over my backyard in the mulch. They have a...

East Providence, RI
Seed source for non-native Cenipa americana
The Genipa americana plant or seeds, do you have it on sale too?

Warwick, RI
Source for air plant from Warwick RI
Would you know of any store in Rhode Island that would sell the air plant (tillandsia plant)? I've been searching around and no luck! I would appreciate the help!! Thank you and take care

Warwick, RI
Propagation of non-native Selenicereus Antonyanus from Warwick RI
I just purchased a Selenicereus Anthonyanus, Rick Rack Cactus unrooted. I have searched on the web of the proper way to root the plant and have had no luck except it says easy rooting but not how to r...

Warwick, RI
Invasiveness of native Viola sororia
I live in Warwick, RI and have a section of my backyard overgrown with common blue violets. My husband and I would like to relocate them to a more scenic location if possible. The advice the cooperat...

Cranston, RI
Need help identifying a tree with wintergreen-flavored bark that grew in my backyard during my youth in Cumberland, RI.
Growing up in Cumberland, Rhode Island (a town in the northern part of the state) there was a tree in our backyard with thin, brown peel-able bark. The bark itself had white stripes. Under the layer o...

Sandwich, MA
Pruning and deadheading rosa rugosa while blooming
Can you prune the dead flowers and branches of rosa rogosa while it is still blooming?

Bridgewater, MA
Is there a flower that blooms only once in seven years?
Just wanted to know if there exists a flower that blooms only once in seven years? Thank you!

Providence, RI
Is non-native Tillandsia air plant poisonous to cats?
Are Tillandsia/air plants poisonous to cats? Please help!

Providence, RI
Non-native sedum 'Burrito' sunburned in Providence RI?
I have a sedum burrito that I keep outside and receives bright sun for around 6 hours a day. it looks like it's getting sunburned, the leaves are getting shriveled and browning on the tips. I've bro...

Pawtucket, RI
I have a plant that I think is called a Brookmania or Bookmania. It has beautiful purple flowers with white centers and darker leaves. I cannot find any info on this flower.