Mattapoisett, MA
Propagating mimosa from seed
I have a seed pod from a Mimosa tree. What is the best way to start this beautiful tree from seed. Thank you!

Dartmouth, MA
White fuzz on pine tree bark in Dartmouth MA
We have white fuzz on our pine tree bark?

N. Falmouth, MA
Damage to Pine Tree on Cape Cod, MA
My pine tree on Cape Cod has bark that is perforated with holes covering the entire tree. Bark can be removed by hand. Looks dead. What did this?

Falmouth, MA
Shrubs/ Trees for Privacy Screening on Cape Cod
Hi, I need a recommendation for a row of trees/shrubs that I can put on my boundary line to block my neighbor. It's in a wooded area that I could thin somewhat. I would need them to be fast growing...

Middleboro, MA
Need to identify orange tube-like plants in Middleboro, MA
Mr. Smarty Plants~ I live near some industrial companies, and lately I have been finding these orange plants, like tubes almost the top being brownish all over my backyard in the mulch. They have a...

Somerset , MA
Non-native Chamaedorea cataractarum question from Somerset MA
I have a Chamaedorea Cataractarum palm and I was wondering what a clumping palm is. From what part of the plant do the new fronds emerge? Was trying to look all over the web but can't find it. If you...

Somerset, MA
Identity of recently purchased plant from Somerset MA
I just bought a plant at Home Depot but it came with no tag. It has fairly large greyish green paddle shaped leaves, the leave stalks are pretty thick. Can you tell me what kind of plant do I have? I ...

Sandwich, MA
Pruning and deadheading rosa rugosa while blooming
Can you prune the dead flowers and branches of rosa rogosa while it is still blooming?

Berkley, MA
I was wondering if you could help me identify a plant in the carrot family that has invaded a portion of my property that I fear may be toxic. It looks most like the water hemlock plant (leaf-wise, ...

Marstons Mills, MA
What kind of beetles are attacking cedar trees on Cape Cod, MA.
I live on Cape Cod, MA and my cedar trees are being attacked by some kind of beetle & killing them. I would appreciate knowing what this could be and how to treat this. Thank you

Bridgewater, MA
Is there a flower that blooms only once in seven years?
Just wanted to know if there exists a flower that blooms only once in seven years? Thank you!

Pembroke, MA
Poison Ivy in Semi-wetland Massachusetts
You answered this question for Tennessee, but I would like an answer for a Massachusetts semi-wetlands area: What can I plant to discourage poison ivy, or at least make it very clear that it is poison...

Pembroke, MA
Native plants for morning sun in Pembroke MA
Could you please suggest native groundcover,plants/shrubs/grasses for eastern facing slope which gets morning sun? It is my front yard which slopes down toward driveway so it would be a major focal po...

Newport, RI
Small evergreen plants in Rhode Island
Please name a few small flowering evergreen plants. Thanks.

Newport, RI
Overwintering Newly Rooted Hydrangea
I am in the process of rooting a hydrangea shoot in a pot, should I bring this inside to winter? I thought burying the whole clay pot to winter outside, is this feasible? I'm in zone 6b. What would b...

Newport, RI
Possible maple scale on non-native mophead hydrangeas from Newport RI
I have a mophead hydrangea that has small white cottony tufts under the leaves and on the stems. I believe this is maple scale. Is there a home remedy I can use to rid this disease?

East Providence, RI
Seed source for non-native Cenipa americana
The Genipa americana plant or seeds, do you have it on sale too?

Brockton, MA
Groundcover for Massachusetts campus
Our campus is converting to more sustainable landscaping practices, and in the process we are planting native plants and removing lawn. Thus we would like to replace the lawn, and some invasive groun...

Attleboro, MA
Lippia alba for sale at Wildflower Center
Do you have this plant for sale Lippia Alba. thanks

Abington, MA
Perennial for cemetery plot in Massachusetts
What perennial would work well in a cemetery plot that has very dry sun?

Pawtucket, RI
I have a plant that I think is called a Brookmania or Bookmania. It has beautiful purple flowers with white centers and darker leaves. I cannot find any info on this flower.