Napa, CA
Deer resistant plants for wet area in northern California
In Napa/Sonoma/Calif mountains, deer resistant plants, shrubs that tolerate much water and full sun? Area is in 'spring area' and a butterfly bush drowned. Thank you!

Vallejo, CA
How to plant a gooseberry bush
Please, if somebody can help, I need to know how to plant the gooseberry bush. Thanks,

Fairfield, CA
Smoking mint instead of tobacco from Fairfield CA
I realize this is a stupid question, but i am a little curious about this. Anyway I heard more people are smoking mint leaves to help cure their addiction to tobacco and i was wondering if it is s...

Fairfield, CA
Fast-growing, non-poisonous evergreen vine for California
Hi, I am in the north bay area of California, north of San Francisco, need a quick growing vine to cover a very long section of chain link fence that is not poisonous (back yard backs up to school pla...

Fairfield, CA
Eradicating non-native pyracantha bushes in California
We removed several pyracantha bushes but they keep coming up in other parts of the garden. How do we kill the shoots? Thank you for any help

Vacaville, CA
Root suckers growing from base of oak in California
I planted four trees labeled by the nursery when purchased as "Louisiana Oaks" approximately 20 yrs ago in my front yard. All trees are growing well but one of the four has a progressing mass of ro...

Vacaville, CA
How can I eradicate Mexican Petunia from my garden in Vacaville CA?
Can you tell me the best way to eradicate the plant Ruellia, commonly known as Mexican Petunia, from my garden?

Vacaville, CA
Trees for pool area in Solano County, California
We are looking for trees we can plant with non-invasive roots near our pool. We don't want them to get too big (about 10 feet) because we don't want them to shade out our pool. We also don't want...

Benicia, CA
Native woodland plants for Benicia, California
I am planting in raised beds around redwood trees, Japanese maples and rhododendrons in my backyard. I would like suggestions for native woodland plants to accompany my established plants. The area i...

Rodeo, CA
Shade tolerant plant for Rodeo, California
I live in Rodeo, California and I need to know what is a good green plant I can get to place in a shady area

Petaluma, CA
Non-endangered medicinal plants to Echinacea
A recent issue of the Wildflower Center said that echinacea is endangered and it is best to use a substitute, but did not give a good substitute. (Only oregon grape was listed as a substitute for gold...

Petaluma, CA
Evergreen thorny bush for California
I need to find an evergreen thorny type bush, shrub or tree that will grow with about 3-4 hours of morning sun only. Prefer CA native, inland/semi coastal. Purpose: To provide a deterrent for "tag...

Penngrove, CA
The invasiveness of Lupinus arboreus
Hi, Researching Lupinus arboreus, I found that it is considered a serious invasive in Northern California coastal areas, especially Humbolt Bay. Scotch broom, of course, is an awful pest on the coast...

Penngrove, CA
Trees and shrubs for adobe soil in Penngrove CA
Hi, I'd like to find a list of trees that are native, drought tolerant and suitable to the adobe soil in Penngrove. We will be landscaping a bare .5 acre parcel starting later this fall. Another fea...

Novato, CA
Evergreen shrub for hedge in pasture in California
I am looking at putting in a hedge along a pasture between my neighbor and me. I was considering a podacarpus plant about every 4' for 100'. is this a fast growing, full thickness, tall evergreen bu...

Novato, CA
Sources of native plants for Marin County, CA
Where in Marin County, California can I get native area plants?

El Sobrante, CA
Fast-growing drought-resistant hedge for California
We're looking for a fast growing, drought resistant shrub that will grow in clay soil and can be used for a hedge around our property.

Martinez, CA
Looking for Manzanita (Mt. Diablo variety)
Hi, We live in the Alhambra Valley area; in the country between Martinez and Lafayette/Orina. Can you tell me where I can purchase Manzanita, preferably Mt. Diablo variety if possible? I've aske...

94803, CA
Deciduous shade tree for Inland California dry hills
What type of tree would work well in our back yard? We're looking for a deciduous tree that doesn't grow too tall, maybe 20'. We'd like it to have spreading branches to provide shade during the su...

Santa Rosa, CA
Rash from non-native potato vines
Here in No. CA we have two potato vines that over the last 5-6 years have flourished gloriously. Just this year, we went to prune them (as we normally do once or twice a year), and both my husband an...

Santa Rosa, CA
I don't know where this plant is from! I hope you can still help! I was given a plant,about 8in tall,stem and limbs are yellow it doesn't grow leaves it just has thorns do you have any idea what it ...