LAWNDALE, CA
Where is marijuana plant native?
In what part of the world is the marijuana plant native?

Torrance, CA
Cultivation of Gossypium hirsutum, Upland Cotton
I got a cotton boll (seeds and all) at a spinning workshop. I spun the cotton and the lady who brought the cotton boles said the seeds could be planted and the plant could be grown in a container on ...

Torrance, CA
Branches of yucca being blown down in Torrance CA
I have a Yucca tree about 30 ft tall. Lately when the wind picks up in Torrance we have had about 3 branches fall out of the tree. Can you help me with this. I don't want to cut all of the branches...

Torrance, CA
Speed of growth of quercus agrifolia from Torrance CA
I planted a quercus agrifolia in my front yard about 2 years ago without considering its ultimate size (it's about 10 feet from the sidewalk and 10 feet from our house). The tree is growing really fa...

Redondo Beach, CA
Ground cover for heavily traveled walkway from Redondo Beach CA
I am looking for a drought resistant ground cover that you can walk on. I live on a south facing, sunny corner lot, 2 blocks from the beach where people park and need to cross over to get to the sidew...

Redondo Beach, CA
Native trees for small backyard in California
I have a small backyard and very close to my neighbor. I want to plant trees that grow 15/20 high that can work as a screen although I have to be very careful with invasive roots. Also I have two sma...

Carson, CA
Comparative speeds of flowering from seeds or bulbs
Does a seed flower grow faster than a bulb flower?

Carson, CA
Agave with large stem growing
It is a large stem growing from my agave plant in the middle of it. It looks scary and ugly, what is it? Is it poisonous? Is it rare? It gets taller and taller everyday, what to cut it.

Carson, CA
Snails in the ice plants in California
Ice plants and snails. Every morning when I go outside I see at least 20 or more snails. Is there a certain way that I should have planted them that would have prevented them from destroying my plant?...

Venice, CA
Groundcover for Southern California near the beach
I'm in Southern California near the beach (3 miles away). I am looking for a front lawn ground cover that can stand many hours of daily direct sunlight, but will also get cool breezes off the ocean a...

Rancho Palos Verdes, CA
Plants for steep slope in California
I have steep slope, southwestern facing, minimal shade in Southern California. The soil is rocky. Because of fire danger, I would rather not plant grasses. Do you have a suggestion?

Palos Verdes, CA
Flowering tree with non-invasive roots from Palos Verde CA
Want a flowering tree with noninvasive roots for Palos Verdes, CA.

Santa Monica, CA
Wholesale dry yucca trunks and branches from California
Where can I buy wholesale dry yucca trunks and branches? I have spent the last hour looking for them and can only find nurseries and decorative branches.

Santa Monica, CA
Tecoma stans problems in Santa Monica CA
I just purchased a mature 6ft tall potted Tecoma Stance Vine (Honeysuckle), It is placed in an area where it gets at least 3 to 4 hours morning/early afternoon sun and then a shaded sun for the rest o...

San Pedro, CA
Need help controling suckers from an ornamental plum in San Pedro, CA.
I have an ornamental plum tree in my garden which produces a lot of suckers in my vegetable beds. I do not want to use harmful chemicals and cutting them back is a hopeless venture and leaves small...

San Pedro, CA
Dense groundcover for full sun on the California coast.
Can you recommend a very dense ground cover that serves as a lawn (in full sun on the coast, pref. drought resistant)? Many thanks in advance.

Los Angeles, CA
Horsetail Rush invasive in Santa Monica CA
Mr. Smarty Plants: I live about 3 miles from the beach in the Santa Monica area and have an 18inch deep planter area in my backyard that is adjacent to my garage. I like the look of horsetail rush. I...

Los Angeles, CA
Oak root resistant hedge for Southern California
I live in Southern California and my cypress hedge has oak root fungus. What kind of hedge can I plant that will grow fast and be resistant to the fungus?

Los Angeles, CA
Major poisonous plants in California
Hi! So I'm working on an art project that requires a comprehensive list of poisonous plants within California. I'm looking specifically however, for plants which are fatally poisonous (upon inges...

Los Angeles, CA
Why are my potted Prunus caroliniana plants shedding leaves in LA, CA?
I bought Prunus caroliniana in pots to use as privacy fence on my balcony. Have had them for about 6 weeks and they are shedding a lot of leaves. Some leave are drying out and others have what ...

Los Angeles, CA
Identification of tree with red feathery leaves
What is the name of a tree with dark red leaves, feathery, slim trunk; maybe in the pepper family? Jedi?