Descanso, CA
Source for seeds of any species in the genus Choisya
Please let me know of any commercial or other sources for seed of any species in the genus Choisya. Only a small quantity would be needed. This seed is for research purposes and is urgently needed. ...

Alpine, CA
Flying insects eating leaves of non-native Brugmansia in Aline CA
I have an Angel Trumpet tree. We live in Aline, California 30 miles east of San Diego. Little yellow and black flying bugs eat the leaves. Do you have a remedy for this problem.

Alpine, CA
Identification of plant in wildflower show
Was in Julian California yesterday for a wild flower display. Had a bad stomach ache as I was walking around looking at the flowers. Saw this one. About 6 inches tall. Instead of leaves, it had wh...

Ramona , CA
Plant identification sources for Southern California
I hike the trails here in Ramona a lot. I want to be able to identify the wildflowers as they bloom. They are beginning to bloom and I am afraid another year will come and go and I won't know the nam...

Ramona, CA
Plant identification.
Looking for the name of a green, bamboo-like plant with narrow leaves. Have no pictures.

El Cajon, CA
Replacing non-native iceplant in El Cajon CA
Help! We are clearing fungus dead iceplant on a massive steep bank. Should I avoid replacing it with more iceplant? Would myaporum prostrate be a better option? Fast growing, erosion resistant, zero m...

Santee, CA
Evergreen for inland San Diego, California
I'm looking for an evergreen tree for my inland San Diego residence, 30 foot max height, growth speed is not important. I had decided on the carrotwood until I found your site and discovered the prob...

Santee, CA
USDA Hardiness Zone of Rancho Bernardo, CA
What plant zone is Poway, Rancho Bernardo CA?

Santee, CA
California native plants for a steep slope
We are looking for California native plants for a steep south facing slope that do not attract bees. Can you please provide a list?

La Mesa, CA
More on bluebonnets
Do you have a sense of a peak viewing time for Bluebonnets for this spring?

La Mesa, CA
Caterpillars ate my Sophora in La Mesa, CA.
Before I noticed what was happening, my newly-planted 1 foot tall Sophora secundiflora was eaten by caterpillars. It now has no foliage. Do you think it will leaf out again?

Poway, CA
Different kinds of plants living in subarctic areas
What are the different kinds of plants live in the subarctic areas?

Poway, CA
Need Shade Trees for Entry in Poway, California
Hi - Our front door gets a lot of afternoon sun, so we'd like to plant a couple of shade trees near the entry way. Unfortunately we don't have much room between our entry path and the driveway, so...

El Cerrito, CA
Fast-growing tree for privacy in Berkeley, CA
Help. I need fast growing tree for backyard privacy. Where in Berkeley is there a tree nursery to Buy Pittosporum trees? Thank you.

Chula Vista, CA
Invasive mandevilla from Chula Vista CA
How can I rid my yard of mandevilla that has invaded from my neighbor's yard?

San Diego, CA
Drought-tolerant trees for planters in San Diego
We need some ideas for a drought tolerant tree that will provide shade (4 foot raised planters in sunny location) not get too big when mature, and not too messy. San Diego

San Diego, CA
Evergreen vine for San Diego, California
I am looking for an evergreen (San Diego) vine to grow on a newly constructed trellis. Its 12' tall by 8' wide and is on the North side of the house. That area seems to only get sun June and July ...

San Diego, CA
Cutting bloom stalk of century plant in San Diego CA
My 28 yr old century plant will bloom soon. I understand it will die. Will this 30 ft stalk then likely fall? Will I need to call someone to cut the dead stalk? The base is nearly 7 ft by 6ft - n...

San Diego, CA
Can oleander poison the ground below it?
Can oleander poison the ground below it? Would it kill/damage grass or other plants below it? Thanks.

San Diego, CA
Shrubs and ground covers for slope in Southern California
Need suggestions for shrubs & ground covers for a west facing, 45 degree angle, sunny slope with compacted, poor draining soil. We live 2-3 miles from the ocean. Thank you.

San Diego, CA
Area needing soil amendment in San Diego
I have a dirt area in the corner where my fence comes together. The dirt is clay-like and during the winter the area gets very little, if any, sun and during the summer it gets 4-6 hours of sun. Wha...