Pampa, TX
Transplanting honeysuckle
How do I transplant Honeysuckle?

Pampa, TX
Seed sources for Mexican Gama Grass
I'm trying to find a seed source for Mexican Gama Grass (scientific name is Tripsacum lanceolatum). Can you help me? Thanks.

Corpus Christi, TX
Adding Wildflowers to Corpus Christi
I have a dry sandy yard, full sun in Corpus Christi with lot's of stickers mostly, want to transform to wildflowers. When should I plant, how should I prepare soil, should I dig out stickers? Which w...

McLean, TX
Native perennials for Donley County, TX
What are the best perennials to plant in Donley County, TX?

Shamrock, TX
Perennials for flowerbed in Texas Panhandle
I have a flowerbed in a partially shaded area and want some perennials. I live in the Texas Panhandle, soil is sandy, loamy. Hardiness zone is 6-B.

Amarillo, TX
Is there an App for that?
Do you have an app like leafsnap that my students can use to identify the plants around our school? I would like them to take a picture of the leaf of each plant with their iPads and have your data b...

amarillo, TX
Do Maple trees and Poplars grow well in Amarillo,TX?
Do maple trees and poplars grow well in Amarillo Texas? I love the fall reds, oranges, and yellows. If they don't grow well can you recommend some trees that have the color that will grow well?

Amarillo, TX
Jelly made from local plums from Amarillo TX
On Wednesday, August 5, 2009 you answered a question on native plants in the Austin area in which you wrote:"Two kinds of local plums have also been used to make jellies: Mexican Plum (Prunus mexican...

Amarillo, TX
Buying bluebonnet plants for project in Amarillo TX
Is there anywhere I can buy some bluebonnet plants by March 1, 2013 for a school project? We are growing some, but they are just up.

Amarillo, TX
Native plant education
Do you provide resources about native plants to middle school educators?

Amarillo, TX
Sources for non-native seeds from Amarillo TX
Hello It is possible to get this kind of seeds from you?.. Thanks! : Hiptage Benghalensis (Hiptage, Helicopter Flower) Crescentia Cujete (Calabash Tree, Krabasi, Kalebas, Huingo) Macaranga Grandi...

Amarillo, TX
Source for seed of Blackfoot Daisy from Amarillo TX
I need help finding Melampodium leucanthum seed. I have spent the last few hours on the web searching for them. I checked the resources in your lists and cannot find seed. I live in Potter Coun...

Amarillo, TX
Tolerance of plants in area of Amarillo TX
I want to know tolerance in the Amarillo area for Diospyros texana, Berberis trifoliata, and Capsicum annuum where it gets colder, is dry, and intensely hot in summer.

Amarillo, TX
How do you stop the bark from peeling off the tree in Amarillo?
How do you stop the bark from peeling off the tree? I live in Amarillo, TX. If you can't stop the progression, how do you keep the tree alive?

Perryton, TX
Vines for Texas Panhandle
I need a fast-growing vine for our pergola that does not attract bees or wasps. It will be in full sun in the panhandle of Texas--two hours north of Amarillo.

Canyon, TX
Wildflowers being mowed in Canyon TX
Can I receive a letter from someone there to put up in our neighborhood? I live in an area very close to Palo Duro Canyon. A developer out here mows down the wildflowers along the one lane road. It ...

Canyon, TX
When and where are the bluebonnets blooming from Canyon TX?
Where can we get reports on when and where the bluebonnets are blooming?

Canyon , TX
Plant identfication
My wife and I have our first summer garden at our new home in the Panhandle of Texas. Included within our crop are several alien large, broad stalk, broad leaved plants with an extremely pungent, offe...

Guymon, OK
Identification of plant known as mosquito plant (Agastache cana)
I received some seeds from an annual plant that came from Bowie, Tx. It has square stems, like mint plants, medium size leaves turns purple when in the sun and had a strong odor when brushed against. ...

Gage, OK
How to distinguish male and female grape vines in Gage OK.
Are there male and female plants for wild grapes? If so, how do we tell the difference?

Childress, TX
Gaura coccinea for xeric garden
Is Scarlet Gaura (Gaura coccinea) a good plant for a small xeric garden? How invasive is it?