Childress, TX
Gaura coccinea for xeric garden
Is Scarlet Gaura (Gaura coccinea) a good plant for a small xeric garden? How invasive is it?

Shamrock, TX
Perennials for flowerbed in Texas Panhandle
I have a flowerbed in a partially shaded area and want some perennials. I live in the Texas Panhandle, soil is sandy, loamy. Hardiness zone is 6-B.

McLean, TX
Native perennials for Donley County, TX
What are the best perennials to plant in Donley County, TX?

Benjamin, TX
What is the name of the Texas Wildflower that smells like grape koolaid?
Can you tell me the name of the Texas wildflower that smells like grape koolaid? I live in north west Texas and every spring, the low growing purple flowers line spots along the roadside. It's a joy ...

Corpus Christi, TX
Adding Wildflowers to Corpus Christi
I have a dry sandy yard, full sun in Corpus Christi with lot's of stickers mostly, want to transform to wildflowers. When should I plant, how should I prepare soil, should I dig out stickers? Which w...

Plainview, TX
Will smoketrees (Cotinus sp.) grow in the Texas Panhandle region
Will smoke trees grow in the Lubbock-Amarillo, Texas region of Texas?

Pampa, TX
Seed sources for Mexican Gama Grass
I'm trying to find a seed source for Mexican Gama Grass (scientific name is Tripsacum lanceolatum). Can you help me? Thanks.

Pampa, TX
Transplanting honeysuckle
How do I transplant Honeysuckle?

Haskell, TX
USDA Plant Hardiness Zone of Haskell, TX
What region are we in --- Haskell, Tx. (Between Abilene and Wichita Falls)

Burkburnett, TX
Small shrub for shady area
I would like to find a shrub to plant on the north, northeast side of my house, but it will be in mostly shade. It needs to get between 21/2' to 4' tall. Do you have any suggestions please?

Wichita Falls, TX
Wildflower seeds for Nocona, Texas
I have a place on Lake Nocona in Nocona,TX and am wanting to buy native wild flower seeds that will take the heat and little water. I have both sunlight and shade. I,m interested in the western prairi...

Wichita Falls, TX
Planting wildflowers from Wichita Falls, TX
Hi, Thanks so much for the answers you give! You've been very helpful to me in the past. I have two quick questions: 1) I have been harvesting seeds from my wildflowers. I wonder when the best time...

Wichita Falls, TX
Need suggestions for plants for a bird/small wildlife refuge in Wichita Co, TX.
With our continuing drought in North Texas, I'm planning to transform my small backyard into a bird/small wildlife "refuge". What types of native plants and grasses can I plant in dry, hot Wichita ...

Wichita Falls, TX
Problems with hibiscus tree in Wichita Falls, TX
My Hibiscus trees have black spots on the leaves. What might this be and what is the remedy?

Wichita Falls, TX
Native grasses for horse grazing in Wichita Falls, TX
What are the best horse grazing grasses to plant in the Wichita Falls, Texas area?

Wichita Falls, TX
Summer-blooming Wildflowers for Wichita Falls, TX
Can you give me a list of some summer-blooming (June, July, August, maybe September) wildflowers that I can plant in my flower beds in Wichita Falls, TX and tell me when the best time is to sow the se...

Wichita Falls, TX
White spots on Hibiscus leaves
My hibiscus trees have white spots or splotches on the leaves. What is it and what can I do to get rid of it? Also, the birds are eating my tomatoes faster than i can grow them. I've used the owl &...

Wichita Falls, TX
Planting time for Helianthus annuus in Wichita Co., TX
I need to know when is the best time to plant sunflowers in the Wichita Falls, Texas area? Thank you for your time.

Wichita Falls , TX
Smarty Plants on Hesperaloe parviflora
On the home page of this website (right of center) there is a plant with the long stems and pink flowers and with green pods or seeds, also. Could you please tell me the name of this flower? We have ...

Canyon, TX
When and where are the bluebonnets blooming from Canyon TX?
Where can we get reports on when and where the bluebonnets are blooming?

Canyon, TX
Wildflowers being mowed in Canyon TX
Can I receive a letter from someone there to put up in our neighborhood? I live in an area very close to Palo Duro Canyon. A developer out here mows down the wildflowers along the one lane road. It ...