The Luci and Ian Family Garden connects children and families to the natural world by providing more than a dozen interactive and educational features made of natural materials including a maze made of native shrubs, giant tree stumps for kids to climb on, giant birds' nests made from native grape vines, a grotto with caves and a waterfall, a lawn designed with native turf, a creek with dinosaur footprints and water activities, and much more!
Packages for Play
Reservations Available 10am-12pm, 12pm-2pm, 2pm-4pm
- Exclusive use of the Robb Family Pavilion for up to two hours
- Free Admission for up to 30 guests
- Self-guided Educational Scavenger Hunt activity and Nature Play Tools
- Complimentary color-changing Famiy Garden t-shirt for the Birthday Child
- Tables and Chairs
- Unlimited free playtime after reservation ends
Monday-Thursday: $150 for Wildflower Center Members* / $200 for general public
Friday-Sunday: $200 for Wildflower Center Members* / $250 for general public
*Membership benefits are non-transferable. Birthday party discounts are only available to the Wildflower Center membership cardholders and their immediate family. Must be Family Level membership or higher.
Birthday Party Guidelines
- Reservations will be accepted on a first-come, first-served basis. Requests should be made at least 48 hours in advance. Any reservation will be considered tentative until the client receives an executed copy of the contract and the full rental fee is received.
- The Client/Licensee will be responsible for all actions and activities of their guests. The licensee is responsible for any and all damages. The Center reserves the right to inspect and monitor all activities. The Center will not assume responsibility for the damage to, or loss of licensee items.
- The Center reserves the right to make non-competing areas of the Center available for other events.
- The use of any tobacco products is prohibited in all areas of the Center.
- In accordance with the policies set forth by the Texas State Regents, no personal firearms or other weapons are permitted on the grounds except for commissioned law enforcement officers.
- Alcohol consumption is not allowed on the premises during regular operating hours.
- Anything left in a space following a use period will be thrown away by the custodial staff.
- Clients are welcome to bring their own food, beverages and birthday treats. Alternative arrangements for food and beverages can be made through our exclusive daytime caterer, Circle C Catering (512.301.7235 firstname.lastname@example.org). The use of outside caterers is not permitted during regular operating hours. In general, the Center does not provide plates, cups, utensils or napkins.
- Outside Entertainment is prohibited during regular operating hours.
- Decorative materials including glitter, confetti, streamers, seeds, and balloons are strictly prohibited. Tape, wire, staples, nails, tacks, glue and similar items to secure decorations to Wildflower Center surfaces are also prohibited. Suggested items for decoration include banners, flower or paper chains, chalkboards, table cloths & napkins.
- Grilling is prohibited in all areas of the Wildflower Center.
- For your safety, climbing on the Wildlife Blind and Hill Country Grotto is not permitted.
- Swimming, sitting and wading in the Dinosaur Creek are not permitted. Walking inside the creek and/or walking on the underwater edge of creek planter beds is not permitted. Only Wildflower
- Center staff should retrieve fallen objects from the creek. Guests should never have full body contact with the water as this space supports aquatic life and does not contain potable water. Hands and
- Feet with bodies on the side are okay!
- Visitors are expected to respect all nature at the Wildflower Center. This includes never picking flowers, walking through garden beds, or harming wildlife. The Center reserves the right to remove any guests in violation of any of these policies from the grounds.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Will any staff be on-site to assist with event coordination?
Yes! We will have one staff person assigned to your event; however they are not an education program leader and will not be in charge of leading activities or play. For activity suggestions, please consult the Wildflower website (wildflower.org/familygarden_explore) Event staff is responsible for setting up tables and chairs prior to your arrival and placing signage out to reserve the pavilion. They will help make sure your event is running on schedule and may be available to assist with clean up.
What should I wear to the party?
The family garden is full of opportunities to explore nature, splash in the water and get dirty. We encourage all guests to wear comfortable clothing and shoes for extensive walking, running, or climbing. Bring a change of clothes and towels in case you need to make a wardrobe change before you next family adventure. Also, don’t forget your sunscreen and hats to protect you from the sun as well as insect repellent.
How many guests may attend my party?
Admission for 30 guests are included in your Package for Play. Additional guests will be charged regular admission upon entrance to the Wildflower Center. We strongly recommend a minimum of 1:5 adult to child ratio.
What is the payment, cancellation, and schedule change policy?
Pay for your party in full when you book the date. Party hosts should pay any balances due for extra guests to the Admissions Staff during or directly after the party.
We understand that things happen and schedules change. If you must cancel your plans, and do so at least 7 days before your party, we are able to offer refunds for the cost of the party, minus a $30 processing fee. If reservations are cancelled less than 7 days before your party, only 50% of the fee will be refunded. If you need to cancel less than 24 hours prior to the party or if circumstances cause you to miss your party, we are not able to offer a refund.
What about bad weather?
Because the Robb Family Pavilion is a covered space, most events will continue as planned regardless of inclement weather. However, in extreme conditions should inclement weather prevent an event from occurring on the scheduled date, the Wildflower Center will make all attempts to reschedule or relocate the party. Per the cancellation policy some fees may apply for events deemed unable to be rescheduled. If the event is rescheduled, a revised contract will be executed and deposits and fees already paid will apply against the revised event date unless otherwise communicated.
While we have taken reasonable steps to ensure the accuracy of the information contained on these pages, they may contain inaccuracies or errors or non-updated data.